1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Friend codes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chicoelnino, Dec 24, 2008.

1. chicoelnino

chicoelnino Member

How do I find out what my own friend code is? I presume its the same for ever game then that you want others to know your code?...or does it change from game to game?

2. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well i do know that you can usually find your own friend code when youre in the game, and i think its around the options menu of the game (if there is one) but i have had the same question like you: does the code change from game to game?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes it does.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Friend codes vary between games, and some games have different friend codes according to DS's, but most games allow you to find out your friend code as you progress and make network available.

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yes unfortunately every game has its own friend code. I used to just make a list in notepad of all the codes.

(i.e. animal crossing: 543345-3453423-435
    FFIII :43536-456456-5467456-54
    mario kart: 98745-34534-43534534-435)

Disclaimer: Not actual friendcodes.

6. DragonQuester

Oh alright thanks guys, i have always thought about this but i didnt know that the codes change.. its kind of pointless though

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not unfortunately, otherwise that would be very messed up. Unless they made you get a friendcode or something just for your DS, and then you register codes under that.

8. DragonQuester

it would be more convenient just to have one friend code.. it would be more organized, and if your friends want to know it, you can tell it to them, like a phone number.. then they can add you with that same code for all the games they have

9. victor123

victor123 Member

hey to have your friend code you need to enter in the wi fi mode

10. DragonQuester

Yeah you need to find out your code by going Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. then you should know your code

11. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

You have to log in atleast once to wifi in the game to get a code

12. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Also dont forget both people need to add each others codes, if you add someones code its useless untill they add yours.

13. DragonQuester

Yep, thats right Almo... I did that in Ultimate Mortal Kombat to all of these people who posted their codes online, and i added them but i didnt get a single person... That is crucial