1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Freezing problems, but sound stays fine?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by player415, Jul 6, 2010.

1. player415

player415 Member

So I've been running into some problems with ePSXe roms. It randomly freezes at a black screen, but the sound and music sounds fine, so the whole game doesn't freeze. I tried playing to see if it registered me as playing, but it made no sounds for the actions I was doing (if that makes sense?). Anybody know what the problem is?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which game?, and which version did you use, as well your plugins.

3. player415

player415 Member

Resident Evil 2, 1.7, and all of Pete's Plugins. It seems to be a common issue, with the only solution being to download an older version of ePSXe. I did that and now it works wonderfully...except for the sound, where the dialogue gets cut off in the cutscenes. A solution to both problems would be awesome :D

4. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

I think its just the version of ePSXe

5. player415

player415 Member

So no matter what version I use, there's always gonna be some problem? :(

6. meganova

RE2 should be working well on 1.5.2 or 1.6.0,
    Try switching to Eternal SPU Plugin, see if that fix the sounds.

7. player415

player415 Member

Just did that, but still nothing.

8. meganova

On the Eternal SPU Plugin settings, set the audio output method to SPUasync, and the Async mode to smooth.
    Might as well enable all the special game fixes. If it's not working, you can try different combination.

Or run the game through Mooby2, enable/disable any of the settings(such as "Repeat all CDDA tracks, etc)

Or use other alternative emulator, such as PSXfin.

9. player415

player415 Member

Tried that, along with other combinations, and nothing.

Err Mooby2? I have no idea what that is, so explain please :)

As for PSXfin, it works perfectly fine with no glitches or errors, but it doesn't support PS3 controllers, and I'm not willing to use a keyboard.

10. meganova

You can set Mooby2 from the Cdrom Plugin, configure it, choose an autorun image(RE2), after that Run the game using the 'Run CDROM' function.

Have you tried different types of controllers on the PSXfin config?

11. player415

player415 Member

I'm still lost, I can find Mooby2 anywhere. You sure it's on 1.52? And I don't have any other controllers to try on PSXfin.

12. meganova

If you didn't found the Mooby2 on your ePSXe Cdrom Plugins, it's not available in your plugins folder.
    Download it from here, http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=600.0

I mean, on your PSXfin, go to Configuration -> Controllers tab -> switch to different Types.

13. player415

player415 Member

Now it gives me an error message that ePSXe can't start because WNASPI32 is missing from my computer. What is that, and where can I reinstall it?
    Post Merge: [time]1278450133[/time]
    Oh nevermind, I just tried playing with the settings you suggested and guess what, it worked!! Thanks for sticking it out with me man :D