1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Freezing Crash Team Racing on ePSXe 1.7.0

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Weredawg, May 25, 2010.

1. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

Title sums up the problem.

Specific issue: After starting a new game, choosing character, and inputting name, Aku Aku springs up and starts talking but freezes after that.

Using ePSXe 1.7.0 with the following plugins: Video Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76 (Fullscreen mode, 32bit, FPS limit 60.0), Sound Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41 (DirectSound, 64 buffer size, wait for XA buffer is free, SPU IRQ-Wait CPU action, SPU IRQ-Force interruption flag7), Cdrom Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8 (Play one CDDA track and stop, enable subchannel data, use new caching, CDDA volume max)
    Comp is a new Dell Studio 1558 Intel i3 quad core @2.13GHz

Tried running the game as an ISO and as a CDrom (both mounted and unmounted with Daemon Tools Lite). Have messed with settings with no luck.

Files are: Crash Team Racing .bin and .cue from this site.

What settings are people using to get this game to work?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver for the graphic plugins.

3. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

OpenGL2 gave me some errors, so I tried OpenGL and I still have the same problems :/

4. tamorak

tamorak Member

Try using a different emulator. I'd personally suggest pSX as an alternate emulator. I use it for a few games with graphical or core issues that couldn't be handled properly by ePSXe. If the problem still persists, you probably need to re-download CTR.

Emulator-zone.com