1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Freeze

Discussion in 'Sports' started by err, Dec 11, 2007.

1. err

err Well-Known Member

Currently I have missed 2 days of school due to a huge...Well I don't know if it has a name but it when the temperature is
    really cold (20 F), and it rains for awhile, freezes, rains more, more ice forms and before you know it the whole town
    literally has a coating of ice/glass... The streets look horrible with trees fallen. I was lucky when the huge tree between me and my neighbor fell... It hit their car... At first I was laughing but know I know that was a terrible thing to happen... Anyway, many
    power failures and stuff... No school... This is the first time I've experienced something like this.. I know some of you may think it's just ice.. But I'm tellin' ya'. The grass is literally coated with ice.. When you step on it, it shatters! I'm just ranting now..
    I'd rather take 5 inches of snow then 2 inches of hard as glass ice... You can check the weather for the town Norman, Oklahoma in US. Hope the sun comes out soon

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Power failures and falling trees... man, don't hurt yourself. Buy a pair of ice skates and go skating in the middle of the road.

3. err

err Well-Known Member

I would if the temperature was bearable...

4. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Wow thats some pretty interesting weather, i mean for it to actually rain then freeze to ice thats pretty crazy. Being from Pennsylvania i never have had anything like it, i've had the snow melt, then freeze but like like what your dealing with thats pretty crazy. I'm sure Born2killx still has snow from last week's storm.

5. Born2killx

What storm? Poo, in NYC we only got a half inch of snow which melted by the next day... I want terrible weather! ;D

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Wow. I have never experience snow before. I come from a country where it's only rain and sun.

7. err

err Well-Known Member

Thats what I said... It even looked cool at first but then then the trees started falling. Today I had to get up
    at 5 AM to help my mom defrost the car. The handles where sealed tight with ice. Trust me you don't want weather
    this bad. Sure, theres no school... but some people haven't had electricity for 3 days now...

8. Born2killx

No ice, I just want snow now. ::)

9. airsoft1117

^And then you get like 4 ft of it and your screwed.

10. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I would like to experience snow. Just not to this point.

11. err

err Well-Known Member

Snow is fine when it's a few inches because you might miss a day of school.. But if it's over a feet thats not good...

12. Born2killx

NYC schools wouldn't be canceled if there was a yard of snow on the ground.

13. err

err Well-Known Member

I can totally see that : "10 feet of snow is expected tomorrow so were gonna go ahead and send children to school
    so we can bury them in the snow"

14. airsoft1117

I guess he lives in the city, pretty hard to see NYC with 3 feet of snow.

15. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

All of you are from America?

16. err

err Well-Known Member

Yea I think so.. I live in Norman, OK

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I live in the UK and we never get snow anymore. We used to when I was a child, but now its just sludge that can't even be called snow. And not much of that either.

18. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

Seattle area there was snow for one day but melted the next day also.

Last year we had major Ice just as you have now, it was crazy. Everyone was sliding around driving of the road and stuff like that.

I have four wheel drive which is fun to mess around on. Last year I would go spin all four tires in secluded areas, fun stuff lol.

19. err

err Well-Known Member

Today the rain melted some ice and luckily the temperature was above freezing so the new rain didn't freeze. Still lots of people without electricity and lots of trees on roads everywhere.

20. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Here in Australia we are having summer... :(