1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Freeloader (and no not about me!) and wii...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have HEARD that once the wii is updated to the current fireware (it's up to version 4 now, and I've been stuck on 3.4 for ages) it will prevent the use of freeloader region disc, is that correct?

I really want to start buying imports again for my wii, but the disc I have is for gamecube, meant to work, but because of the update I had to do to buy some VC games (yeah I still do that) it prevented the disc from being registered with my wii...

The shop I regulary go to say they never had any problems, but they probably haven't updated thier wii's yet...

Is this true, I don't want to buy a disc that would end up a waste of cash (and yes once I get my download limit back up I will regualary update my wii just for those handy updates...)?

2. theflyrules

theflyrules New Member

If you update your Wii through nintendo's firmware update, all freeloader will be erased from your Wii.
    It's even impossible 2 softmod your Wii again, because you can't use the Twilight Hack.
    If your Wii has already been 'soft'modded, there is a firmware update that has the 4.0 version.
    The latest version with cIOs_rev10 is able to read GC backups and is regionfree. (using preloader).
    I only now a dutch site that has a tutorial and i updated my Wii succesfully.

Try looking for Waninkoko.

Greetz The Fly ;)

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

thanks for the advice, I guess too late to bother, oh well not much in homebrew at this point for me anyways...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.