1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Free Wow Servers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by insanecrazy07, Aug 9, 2008.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I've had my fair share of going on several servers playing for a long time only to realize that the server is complete shit.
    I got all the way to level 60 on one blizzlike server, only to have my epic mount randomly deleted due to a server discrepancy. No refund on gold or a new mount. Random crap kept deleting every time I logged off.

I have played on so many and there are very few that are good enough to play on.
    Oblivion was my first blizzlike server that I played on. I got to level 40 and then the server crashed.
    Wowscape sucks.
    Wowenforcers was a 255 level cap. Not anymore. sucks.
    Toxic wow was decent, then got really laggy. (deleted my items) sucks.
    Burning wow was decent, then got really laggy. sucks again.
    I hate the instant 70 ones unless they have 255 cap. It's funny to have over 80k health on a hunter with 99% dodge rating.

So far I've been playing on a free server called RTK gaming and they offer 3 different realms.
    On Aftermath (4x) they removed the scripted bosses on T4, T5, and T6 raids (except for the one boss at the end of each).
    We get the 2.4.3 updated items where you get 22-slot bags and mounts at level 30.
    AH is automated so there is always something in there to buy.
    Horde and Alliance can do raids together.
    They have custom events, like in gurubashi arena. (no idea. haven't been to one yet)
    Arena and battlegrounds work.
    They have a bug report thing that I have filled an entire page full of quest bugs. (minor crap) They're pretty good about fixing them too.
    On Aftermath, we have a warper to warp between major cities. (I'm not sure if the zeppelin works or not, or boats. not many servers have the boats right.)
    4x isn't too bad. I got to level 14 in a few hours, plus doing the lengthy bear form quest. It's not dreadfully slow, and not super fast either. The drop rate is increased 4x so if the drop rate is 0.0000001%, now it is 0.0000004%.

I am sick of extremely high rate servers. You can never get good enough gear. By the time you hit 40, you MIGHT have level 25 gear.

I currently play on Aftermath so if there is anyone here that is looking for a good free wow server to play on, come join me.

My in-game name is Morecowbell. hehe. and yes, I own that name on all 3 servers.
    Aftermath has mostly veteran players since they spend more time playing the actual game, not the end-game. Pandemonium (30x) has all of the noobs, which is rightly so.

since posting links to other sites is against the rules, PM me for the link. or google search.

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Wowcrack, or Wowscape are nice private serveris, but all private servers are buggy...

3. insanecrazy07

i might switch back to wowscape but they all speak russian german and spanish

that's the only reason why i don't play there.

not one person was speaking english, besides me.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are, for free anyways, that's why they are quite bad.

5. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

http://www.wowstatus.net/serverlist.php

A very good list of many private servers, i´ve tryed a lot of them but most are very buggy and if you post the bug in the bug-forum you become messages like: This is a private server we cant fix all and if you have a other oppinion you have to buy wow!

Nice support!

Now i play on www.sabotage-world.eu and host my own server for lan or some friends but not official

On Sabotage-world are only some bugs and the support is great!

6. there's wow-sexy if that's still up. A friend of mine used to be one of the super-mods or something and it was kinda cool. He didn't get part of the donations anymore so he fucked up their server, I don't know if they ever got it back up

7. insanecrazy07

wowstatus is where i tried all of their servers.

sadly the highest rated ones were the worst.

the one that i play on actually take the time to fix their bugs.

the only problem i have with EU servers is the latency.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'm in the UK and I don't have problems with US servers most of the time (rest of the time is my net being shitty)

9. insanecrazy07

it depends on where the server is in europe.

western europe, okay.

anything past germany and i have horrible lag.

and then there are times it says my latency is good, and it is really laggy.
    and vice versa.

i managed to find a server in massachusetts, which is in the same timezone as me.
    i had 12 ms on average.

10. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Do you need to buy the game to get on free servers? ???

11. insanecrazy07

NOPE.

i got mine from demonoid.

all 6 or so GB.

then apply the patches yourself.

12. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

So you can play with the trail too?

13. insanecrazy07

i am not sure about that, but you can try the trial and see if it works that way.

14. Loonylion

Yes, when you buy the game you get a CD key which you add to your account. In fact, if you PM me, I might have a spare legal copy...

15. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

I don't see why people would spend their time, let alone money on this game.

16. insanecrazy07

the server that i play on goes pretty fast, from the time that i made the first post i was level 1.

now i am level 30 one character and level 20 on another, and level 10 on another.
    so it actually goes pretty fast.

on a blizz server i would still not even be level 20 on ONE character yet.

17. Loonylion

You sure? levelling 1-60 has become a lot faster in the last few months.

18. insanecrazy07

yeah I was playing back when they first lowered it.

19. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Thats right, most private server aren´t blizzlike and have exp-rates from 400% to 500%.

I hate this because the quests are underleveled after some minutes and its to easy!

20. insanecrazy07

400-500%? What servers are YOU playing on? With that much, you might as well go to an instant 70, instead of killing one mob per area to progress.

one thing I did hate about even x10-x20 servers is that in the middle of the quest, you get so much XP, that when you go to turn it in, you get gold because you are too high of level. x10 and above is for grinders, not questers.

That's why I'm on a x3 server. I would've picked a blizzlike one except that I haven't found a decent ENGLISH-speaking one. lol