1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Freak of Nature, or Lucky Son of a Gun?

Discussion in 'General News' started by HumrH360, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

2. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't understand how the duckling is supposed to be "lucky". Lucky that it wasn't killed at birth maybe.

Sad though. Very sad.

3. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

It doesn't look as if the duck can actually use the additional legs for anything more than showing off to fellow ducks... what's the point of that, then? If you give something additional appendages, you should totally be able to use them XD

4. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

I though it was giving birth to a another duck at first...but why were the other ducks picking at his back legs?

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I gotta say, that duck is pretty cool. Pretty sad if you think about it like that.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

a sign that all ducks in the future might have 4 legs..... but the additional leg doesnt seem to have any fuction.....maybe it will be usefull when swiming in the pool.

7. apophos755

What...... as a flotation device? A rudder to help it steer? A bumper to help avoid collisions?

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Looks like the legs are motionless, dead, and rotting. Probably hurts like a bitch too. Poor guy. :-[

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

motionless yes, death and roting no.... i think the extra leg is similar to people who have 6 fingers, i know couple of people have 6 fingers, but none of them seems to be working.... of couse i cant be sure because i didnt ask them "hey can i check your 6th finger out?"

10. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

There was the one Shiva girl in india born with 4 arms and they cut hers off
    ...so I don't think extra limbs are a advantage.

11. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

I would definately say, that if said limbs do work, they might be involuntary, at least at first, as extra propulsion in swimming. If there was a nearby predator whom could outswim a two-legged duck much easier than a four-legged duck( with working appendix legs), aforementioned mutatee would have a higher probability of becoming a permanent mutatiion otherwise it is an anomally in genetic growth; and mutation as well. Does it seem like time goes slower when you read my posts?(joke)

12. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I remember hearing about people who would travel to the mothers house and ask to kiss the baby's feet and stuff. Creepy stuff, obsessively religious people.

13. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

That duckling is AWSOME!! ;D I just wonder if it annoys it having four legs? I mean it was born like that so it wouldnt know better

14. apophos755

[quote author=Roy mustang link=topic=11971.msg132722#msg132722 date=1228714386]
    That duckling is AWSOME!! ;D I just wonder if it annoys it having four legs? I mean it was born like that so it wouldnt know better
    [/quote]

Maybe it's able to kick twice as much ass. ;D

15. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

He is very popular :p

16. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

if you are the duckling?

17. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

If you are the duckling, what? Would you drink more? have two groins? What?

maybe, if it can submerge both sets of legs, and get the second set to kick, it could swim faster.

off topic:
    This reminds me; I had a cat named noobian with seven claws on one paw, and six on the other, so when it swatted at something, it looked like it was boxing! Now is that an edge over other cats or what?

Maybe we should start a "Mutation Theory" topic?

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Some cats have been known to have as many as 26 claws total. Then there's polydactyls, which are animals with extra toes. Some cats even have thumbs; and I'd imagine other animals can have thumbs too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.