1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FPS games making me sick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lugia543, Nov 8, 2010.

1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

why is it that some FPS games make me feel like vomiting? not the so gory I think I'm gonna puke kind but just some odd reason when I get 15 mins into a FPS game like half-life 1 or 2, I just feel like throwing up all of a sudden. other FPS games like call of duty or halo don't. is there something wrong with me?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Geez the graphics aren't that bad

3. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Perhaps the fast motion and moving camera?
    I have a friend that cannot play FPSs because his head would swirl and he'd get sick.

4. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

sarcasm. I see it.
    Post Merge: [time]1289214008[/time]
    nope I tried lowering down mouse sensitivvity. I still feel like throwing up. don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT game!

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It's not sarcasm, it was a joke bro :p

maybe this

6. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Yahoo Answers! Full of idiots....and sometimes useful answers.
    This makes sense, here;

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071010084928AAhC4Bo

7. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

call of duty is ineffective to me. mouse movement is the same default speed to any other shooter.

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

welcome to my club. what you got is just a case of motion sickness, my doctor said so.

thats why i cant play FPS game.

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I only get motion sickness when I play Oblivion for some odd reason. But fuck that, I still play it. And I don't get it all the time. Only when I'm really tired.

10. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

wow that would suck if i had this, luckily it has never happened to me unless i play for too long, but i guess that is because i play kinda close to the tv with HD and lights off :p (i dont know what i would do if i get motion sickness, since FPS is basically what i play, and rpg

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Maybe because it's a bit older than those (which call of duty exactly?) so the graphics are a bit harsh on your eyes.

12. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Has anyone who is afflicted by this problem tried Dramamine to eliminate the nausea? I know Dramamine is supposed to work for sea-sickness on boats or in cars, but I don't know if it will work for video games. It's something to try anyway.

Luckily, I don't have this problem, but I can imagine how irritating it would be for someone who does.

13. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

lmao that shit happened to me before
    but not now
    its mainly cause its played in first person perspective you suddenly will feel dizzy cause you dont play fps often so your eyes will get the hang of it with time, same thing happened to me also dont play if you are tired

14. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

It is the eyes that are tired and causing you to puke ;D

15. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Field_of_View