1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Four square.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awesomebros, Aug 20, 2010.

1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

That was probably the greatest game that I have ever played. Only five people would play the game at a time. Sometimes people will argue over who's out and who won for extremely long periods at a time.

It was strange though. Everyone abandoned the game and started to play wall ball. Which wasn't as fun. Too many people played at one time.

What were your favorite things to do during recess or when you were at the playground?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I found Wall Ball to be the best. I got really good at it. We had conveniently defined courts to play Wall Ball at, and only two people would play at a time. There would be a line out of the way, and the winner of each round would keep going until they got beat.

It was surprisingly organized for an elementary school game.

3. awesomebros

We played on a 16x5 uneven court. There was always the risk of losing the ball due to the short building. :(

4. LuckyTrouble77

Nearly all of our courts except for the uneven one sat under a 10 ft(?) covered area. The support pipes acted as great places to start lines too. It worked out very well.

5. awesomebros

Sometimes during the winter we were allowed to play inside the gyms. People played wallball there all the time. But all of the walls were padded.

6. LuckyTrouble77

Wow, it sounds like Wall Ball for you sucked epicly.

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

We just played football.
    Sometimes when we didn't have a ball we would play bulldog, tig, offground tig and some others I can't remember the name of.....it was like 20 years ago....

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

BRITISH! bulldogs was always great, sadly it's not deemed 'safe' anymore. and of course football with it's lopped sided pitch and giant mounds of bags and jumpers for posts.

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

At the neighborhood center (After School type place) We used to play Square Ball, it was 4 squares, one square had a diagonal line near a corner where the server would stand. The server would serve the ball into the square across from it, which was the second square. Then the second square person would hit it to someone, etc. If the ball was hit in your square and you missed it, you got out and went to the end of the line of kids waiting to play. People could also "spike" the ball, which was hitting it hard into the square to get someone out. If the server got out, everyone would move up a square, 3rd - 4th(server), 2nd - 1st, and a new person would go into the first box.

It was an awesome game, i wonder if they still play it there.

10. awesomebros

Which one? :eek: Soccer or american football?

Soccer was the only sport that we had proper equipment for since that's where all of the soccer clubs meet.

Though back in another school I went to, soccer was a pain in the ass. People would "accidentally" touch the ball with their hands and then the other team would pick up the ball and run all the way to the other net and throw the ball in the net and that would continue to happen 5-6 times.

They would also make the teams uneven. You would have a whole team composed of all of the second graders and the people who play soccer vs 5 first graders.

That's four square.

Then some kids at my school invented five square which was a dumbed down version of 4 square. You play on 1v1 on a 5x1 field. They also integrated "final smashes" where they do stupid things like spin in circles or something before throwing the ball. Most of them were modeled after Pokemon moves.

It was either that or football. No one ever passed to you in football unless you're a jock.

11. msg2009

Soccer of course, and as nex said jumpers for goalposts.
    The best thing is we played on a concrete yard yet nobody ever got hurt the way these premiership players do on soft grass.

12. awesomebros

Good times. We would have like forty people playing at one time. Most people mobbed after the ball. Only a few people stayed back in defense.

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

mess with the younger kids.....
    game related.....
    DODGEBALL!!!!!
    [​IMG]

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I liked that game...but my school was worried someone got hurt...eve normal ball games got barred :(

Thus, tiggy or "tag" was fun, I was the little sneaky brat who'd cry, draw attention and tag the sympathetic losers.

Not until I turned 15 that I could actually outpace alot of my prey XD

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yep, principal banned it after someone hit a girl in the face and knocked her out cold, she landed far away.....

16. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hmm, me and my friends used to play kickball.

...needless to say, it was very painful.

17. msg2009

We sometimes played murderball. It was a bit like rugby/american football you had to get the ball to 1 end but they weren't any rules.

18. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

yea thats what i play alot

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Hmmm... a kids' games thread then eh?

Here's one I posted over two years ago discussing kids' games in my country:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=7866.msg76334#msg76334

EDIT: Addendum:

And yes, before Pokemon came around we were already battling our Spideymons with one another LOL!

20. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

At my school, foursquare was the best game. We made up all kinds of extra rules and crap. We only had two wallball courts, and it took forever to get through the line if you weren't one of the first playing. Soccer for me was having a huge mob chase the ball.