1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Forum Activity + History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s_quizno, Oct 28, 2009.

1. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Recently I have been frequenting this forum. As I read topics, I notice that some members have post counts in the thousands. I find that quite amazing, especially considering the fact that most of their posts are not spam. So if any of you have time, please describe your current forum activity, as well as the level of your activity in the previous months. Please explain your history in a narrative way, because not many people are truly interested in raw data. Here's mine.

I started using this forum quite recently, around a few weeks ago (for help on running Kingdom Hearts on NDS). After that, I spend around 3 hours each day here.*

I just started using this forum, but I believe that I'm already at my "peak" activity level for this forum. Based on my experiences with other forums, in around a month or so, the time I spend here will decline to ~1hr a day, then a couple of weeks later, ~10min a day. Eventually, I'll probably only go on when I need something, either a ROM or help with a game (in other forums, when a new release comes up).

I believe many members follow this kind of pattern, but this can't be the case with those members who have post counts up in the thousands.
    *I'm a new member, not much history to talk about.
    I'm considering making a poll for this, but I don't know any good terms to describe activity levels

2. polron

polron Well-Known Member

well i ust started 2day and im new but i can help with most games
    i came here for the roms and for the forums

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

I rarely post beyond moderation stuff. My post count is the culmination of 2 and half years which is just short of 2 posts a day.

I was never a big poster in the first place though. =/

4. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Hmmm . . . I thought so. Simply knowing people's activity levels will not be a good predictor of their post counts. Also, "activity level" is too vague . . . still, I suppose I'm still interested in the patterns of activity as time goes on. I'll make a poll once I can properly identify varying patterns of forum activity.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I don't have much of a history here,most people don't even know who the hell I am on here, but I try to help out where I can, most of my knowledge fits better in the retro age of gaming for history or whatever is bought up at the time. I also usually help those who like to collect games for possible future profit for its rarity (if its rare) or just for general knowledge of what old games might be going for these days and some newer ones too. (I blame mds for most of that since fired that bug up again when he started posting about collecting limited edition stuff :p)

Other than that I am like Reider in the fact of not being a big poster in the first place.

6. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I only have like one month of History here :p
    I mostly post around Gaming Lounge,Anime section and Spam thread :p

7. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Humm... I've joined the forum for a year and a half but my first post was made three months ago. Being online on RomU has spent about 60% of my online time since then but my posts mostly is on the spam thread. :) With about eight posts outside the games, jokes, and random thread a day, you won't notice when the post count has reached that number. :D
    Oh, I'm using the phone browser to check the forums when I'm bored on the road or when I have boring classes. :p

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I usually posts around the Game Help, Technical Help, and Gaming Lounge.
    I post around the Games and Jokes section, which doesn't inrease post count.

9. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

my post count got boosted up because of an "error" D:

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I was a berserk poster during my first couple months in the forums. Somewhere around 20 posts a day, according to my profile. That also includes the couple months when my account was idle. Nowadays, I post in the few threads that catch my attention, and the rest is moderating.

11. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

"I started using this forum quite recently, around a few weeks ago (for help on running Kingdom Hearts on NDS). After that, I spend around 3 hours each day here.*"
    Same here

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Most of my posts are trolling and debating.

I'm awesome.

I help sometimes too. :>

13. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

I don't have much of a history here, I've only been here a few months. When I first joined I posted everywhere for a bit. Then after a while I became more of a lurker, I usually just read threads and hardly post.

14. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Same here.
    ...ahh...nostalgic... ;D
    because of that, most of the users here have their post count boosted up just in 1 day...

I have been here since November 2007 but just make first post in the forum 6 months ago(if I'm not mistaken),
    and only able to online when i have free time. ;D
    I'm available in most section(anime, spam, technical help, etc), but not in general discussion unless something I really know. ;D

and............(bla..bla...bla...) XD

15. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i've been around since 2007, but now my time on here consists of moderating or posting on things that take my interest.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When you troll-it's more of LOL spam which I enjoy-if you didn't wreck my threads :(

Debating...yeah I give ya that-if you didn't crush my opinions :(

As for helping-must be when I'm not around.

We know how awsome you are-jump on more often XD

17. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

My post count got boosted when the spam board got moved...

I think it's safe to say I am the queen of spam :D

18. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

LOL well at least your honest. :p

19. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Strangely enough,on a few other forums and this one,I do much much more private messaging than actual posts.I dont know why,as Im not sneaky etc..

20. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

6.540 (5,962 per day) - mind you this is European style, so almost 6 posts per day. But mostly that's because for like the last year I do only a few posts per day, I used to be much more active when the forum was small, I much prefer just staying in the back and doing admin stuff. :)