1. This forum is in read-only mode.

formatting / Clearing EZ5 slot-2 card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by seventhsage, Aug 5, 2010.

1. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

Sorry, posted this in the technical help section a while back, didn't realize that it should probably be here:
    ok, here's my problem. I wrote a game to my EZ-V slot 2 card (tactics ogre, knights of lodis) a while back. I used GBAexploader to do it. I was using ysmenu at the time and it mishandled gba games a good bit. now I use Wood R4 and want to test how it works with them. I tried yesterday to play fire emblem (using gbaexploader) and it says "no slot 2 device detected. I loaded the game up with no slot 1 device and ran the EZ-V straight from the DS menu, it loaded up as Tactics ogre, Knights of Lodis.) My guess is that instead of reading my slot 2 device, it thinks there's actually a gba game in there (the ds software itself reads it this way.) is there any way to format the card or start from scratch, and if so, what do I need to do that. I think the file wrote to the card and won't go away. I just want to play gba games on the ds, which is why i bought the damn thing in the first place, and now it screws up. If anyone can help me, it's greatly appreciated. I simply want to erase what's already on the card and start fresh. Again, I used Gbaexploader to put it on there, if that helps. ( I now want to go exclusively to WoodR4 as my Slot-2 Manager.

This is the card I have:
    http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/ez-flash-v-3in1-expansion-pack-nds-lite-slot-2-pi-514.html
    Thanks
    -Jason

Please, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it, and to the mods, Sorry If I posted in the wrong section earlier (it was technical help, has the same name as this topic)