1. This forum is in read-only mode.

"Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned "

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tidus1177, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Tidus1177

Tidus1177 Member

Reacently i have taken a project from a freind to build a website for her art work. Caring for my freinds art work i made it so people can't possible save her art onto there computers, only to be viewed. Almost like copywriting it, as protection. many of you know I am against ESA from getting rid of roms like them protecting there roms, me protecting my freinds art work. I get the idea of ESA's mission. Sorry ESA, even though I get you, ROMS is the about the only thing I know. :p

2. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

seriously... unless people steal/modify her art work, then what is the problem? and really, she shouldnt bother uploading stuff onto the internet if she doesnt want to share it. its that simple.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You can't protect anything you put online, it has to be downloaded in order to be shown. Best thing to do is either just live with it or put a big nasty watermark across the images.

4. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

Right. This may be the only option. Even if you code it so people cannot right click or whatever. Or even if you put it into a flash that cannot be download. There is always the old traditional "PRINT SCREEN" button. All they need to do is hit that button and open up Photoshop -> New -> Paste -> Save.

So putting up low quality is probably the best option. You can also try putting hard to take out watermark (but as a art/graphic designer myself - it isn't that hard to taken out by photoshop - unless the art work is complex then it may take sometime or cannot even be 100% taken out).

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are forms of protection that defeat print screen.

6. beundertaker

beundertaker Active Member

Yeah, any picture you put online can easily be saved onto the computer....

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not for websites no, and you can still bypass it even for desktop applications... so a waste of time really.

8. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

which brings back to the point that if you dont want your stuff stolen on the internet, dont use it.