1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Floigan Brothers does not work

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Roberttitus, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roberttitus

Roberttitus Active Member

I tested it on both NullDC & Chankast & it freezes at the screen after booting. Just thought you should know.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Very likely an issue with the emulator, and not the disc image itself.
    Check out the Technical Help section.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?board=16.0

3. Roberttitus

No... no its not. When it doesn't work on two seperate emulators (that are considered the best) there is no possible way that it could be the emulator. I tested multiple plugins with each as well & still nothing.

4. TirithRR

You don't quite understand how an emulator works then. Just because a game doesn't work on multiple emulators doesn't mean anything. Just because other games work on the emulator again doesn't mean anything. Emulators are not perfect, some games just won't work, or require special considerations. "The Best" does not mean perfect compatibility, it just means "more compatible than the rest".

Describe your settings, plugins, system specs, etc. and maybe someone who has worked with the emulator before will be able to provide you with help.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Considering that the image is a direct sector by sector copy of the disc that it was produced from, there is virtually no way it could be the image. Ever.

6. TirithRR

Well, there have been a couple ROMs and ISOs available that have been bad. But out of the thousands here, it's definitely not the first thing to look for.

7. Roberttitus

I just downloaded the game from another site & it worked perfectly (minus sound, but that is supposed to happen)... still care to argue with me that I don't know what I am talking about? I am telling you that the image is bad & now I have 100% proof. Do what you want about it, but if you truly want to treat the people on this site fairly, you will either remove it or replace it.

Thank you for your time.

8. TirithRR

Well, good that you got it running.

But it's not 100% proof, because your other source may have modified the image. There are some games which have protection on them or other things that are corrected using PPF patches on the disc image. Or the other copy may have been a different format disc image, self boot vs non.

The bottom line is the Image or Rom is not the first place to look. Regardless of what the issue was you refused to provide any detailed information about how you were trying to play the game. This makes it impossible for anyone to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.