1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashing an acekard

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Oct 1, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I need to flash my acekard so that I can use it on my dsi xl. Now, is it the acekard itself that gets updated, or is it the firmware on the sd card? If I reformat the sd card, will I have to re-flash it? My card OFTEN gets corrupt so I have to format it every few weeks, and I'd like to get rid of my ds lite. Will this be a problem?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You put an NDS file on your Micro SD card, run it on your DS lite and then it'll be updated for the 1.4.1 firmware and under.

http://gbatemp.net/t253661-acekard-2i-dsi-1-4-1-firmware-fix

3. archlvt

Please read the opening post.

I wasn't asking how to do it, I was asking if it would UNFLASH if I reformat the sd card.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, it sure sounded like you wanted me to explain it. Please be more specific when you ask questions. It sounded like you didn't even know how to flash it.

The Acekard itself gets updated.

5. archlvt

It didn't even REMOTELY sound like I didn't know how to flash it, not even a teenie tiny shred of my post gave any sort of indication that there was any sort of confusion as to how to flash it. I made it crystal clear that my question was whether or not reformatting my sd card would reverse the effects of the flash.

I really wish I could have been more specific, but being 100% clear as day beyond a shadow of a doubt is about as clear as I can make it, sorry. Is there a level beyond that?

Thanks for telling me the acekard itself gets updated, that's the piece of info I needed. That means I won't have to re-flash it every time I format the sd card. I appreciate the reply.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I dunno. I'm running on around 8 hours of sleep in the past 2 days, so I'm not all together right now. Sorry if I misunderstood or something like that. :p

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I know this is solved already, but I'd like to add something.

The Acekard updates itself, yes.

But there's a risk of your card getting damaged when doing that as it changes the internal part of it.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you have another flashcart, you can just update it via that flashing program.

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

eeh...you can't flash any other card with that software..

But if you mean swapping then that's true.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes. The swapping method is what I meant.