1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashed 360 questions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rell, Apr 22, 2011.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Hi guys im going to get my 360 Elite flashed today. The guy thats flashing it said I need a special type of disk. Can someone tell me what type of disks im going to need in order to burn my pira...i mean back up games...:)

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Dual layer DVD+R Discs or DL DVD+R as most are labeled. They're pretty expensive, but get a good brand and burn at the lowest speed possible. There is also a layer break that you have to use to burn the DVDs as well.

DON'T lose that!!!

Very important.

3. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ok...im not liking the "pretty expensive" part lol... I think one dvd name was like.. vebentum.. something with a "v". but people are telling me that those are the best disks you can use.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

verbatim, and yes they are the best.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If you can play games off of an external HDD, then do that. Get a 500 GB external HDD for $70-80 and that will last you awhile.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think that's only for JTag consoles though.

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

yea my system is definitely isnt a jtaged console. I found some on amazon the other day and boy they really are expensive... but yea I have nero burning rom on my Laptop would that be good enough to burn? thats a silly question i know, but the dumbest question is the question not asked :)

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't use nero, use imgburn, its far better when dealing with disc images.

9. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Ahh. See like I said, the dumbest question is the question not asked. Also, isnt it a way to get free dlc and downloaded games somehow onto my flashed 360? You guys are really helping thanks alot.

10. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

That would also be from a JTG'd xbox

11. rell

rell Well-Known Member

sigh.. ah crap so no free dlc and crap huh... man thats like a low blow. I really wanted to pay the dlc from left for dead.. without out being left for buying it *-*