1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashcarts Damaging Your DS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NC200X, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

I've been looking around for a really good flashcart to play DS games on and someone referred me to the R4 Ultra. I've been saving up for it and I recently discovered a forum around here that the R4 Ultra can damage your DS. So, what I'm asking is, does it? Are there any other flashcarts that can potentially damage your DS? Which one should I get? Hopefully, this community can help me.

Much thanks in advance. Even if you can't help much.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

One answer bro!

CycloDS Evolution, get it & play!

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The N5 is the only R4 clone that I am aware of causing damage, however the R4 clones have quite variable compatibility rates and so they are not really recommended. The cyclods evolution is the most widely recommended card, along with its cheaper clone edge.

4. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

It seems that CycloDS is the best answer. But, what about the Acekard 2 DSi Flash Cart? I've heard it's really good as well.

5. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

It's good if you have a DSi. Do you?

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's good anyway, although the original Acekard 2 will be cheaper if you have a normal DS Phat or Lite.

I use a CycloDS but if I wanted to save some money I'd get the Acekard 2.

7. Aarun M

Aarun M Member

R$ clones do not get try n get a real R4 as they r awesome

8. faune

faune Well-Known Member

I think I have an R4 clone called the R4DS Ultra, but it's actually very good and doesn't have too many issues. The price ranges between $19-$25 on their site (it changes almost daily o_O). But if you're putting out money for a good flashcart, go with CycloDS- Seph swears by it, so I would listen to him. =p

9. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

there are a few good cheap ones

why not check out the gba temp reviews and decide for yourself

10. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Well don't go for the R4 brand anymore, they're now unsupported (well original ones are) but i would recommend either CycloDS or Acekard. Just go for the cheapest of the 2.

11. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

Whoa, I didn't realize on how much the CycloDS cart costs! I'm gonna have to go with Acekard 2. I apologize for getting off-topic, but I must know. Is the Acekard 2 DSi Flashcart compatiple with the original DS and the DS Lite?

12. Naptha

Naptha Member

Yes it is.

13. adogalog

adogalog Active Member

but why would you use a DSi cart with a normal DS anyway?

14. 0ld8oy

0ld8oy Member

You'd probably use a DSi cart if you plan on upgrading to a DSi at some point in the future.

15. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

adogalog, it is exactly as 0ld8oy says. I don't have any sort of DS myself, but someone I know may be willing to lend me his DS Lite. Then, eventually, I'll get a DSi.

Okay, then that settle's it! Thank you all so much for helping me out. I truly apprieciate all of your help, guys!

16. harjaz

harjaz Well-Known Member

What about the DS bricker code? That's a bad ROM but it could still damage your DS.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats the rom, not the flashcart.

18. jjdsplace

jjdsplace Member

the acekard 2i is only £10 so may as well get it then yo are ready for the upgrade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.