1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashcart

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Necroshade60, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necroshade60

Necroshade60 Member

Hi guys,

What flashcart should i buy that i can use to play both gba and nds games?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Currently there is not a flashcart that can play NDS and GBA games by itself. There is a Supercard coming out that can, but it does not have a release date.

Your best bet is to get an Acekard2i and an EZFlash 3 in 1 GBA cart. This will let you play NDS games on the Acekard and GBA games on the EZFlash 3 in 1.

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, the best slot-1 (DS game slot) flashcart right now is probably the Acekard 2i, or the CycloDS Evolution (doesn't work in a DSi). But to play GBA games, you either need a slot-2 (GBA game slot) flashcart like the EZFlash 3 in 1 (won't work in a DSi) or you could get a DS iPlayer (works with the DSi), which won't play DS games, but plays homebrew, videos (without having to convert them), and there's a GBA emulator for it (only works on the DS iPlayer). But for just DS games and homebrew, the first two are best.

4. Necroshade60

Necroshade60 Member

wait i have a ds lite.

5. TirithRR

DSi Flashcarts will work with the DS as well.

6. Fredbox

So either a CycloDS or an Acekard 2i would be best for DS games. If you want to play GBA games, you need an EZFlash 3 in 1.

7. Necroshade60

Necroshade60 Member

so which is the best that you reccomend and cheap. because i hear of fake ones.

8. Fredbox

I've not heard of fake Acekards or Cyclos. I've only heard of fake R4s.

9. TirithRR

Fake Acekards exist. I haven't heard of fake CycloDS cards, but the Edge is a copy of it (but it doesn't try to pass itself off as a CycloDS).

I bought my Acekard2i from Realhotstuff.com and it runs AKAIO 1.5.1 currently without any problems.

10. Necroshade60

Necroshade60 Member

okay thanks a lot guys. i love the help.
    Post Merge: [time]1265562264[/time]
    so acekard2i and r4i compatible with a ds lite?

11. Fredbox

Yeah, but don't get an R4i.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.