1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashcart working with 1 SD card and not another?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by suitepee, Oct 5, 2014.

1. suitepee

suitepee New Member

Hello, I'm having a problem where my r4i Gold for 3ds card will only boot to a black screen when I load the latest (1.64) wood firmware onto it -- however if I try the same firmware on a 1gb card it will boot fine. The kicker is -- I initally was using this 32gb card just fine for a while, but had to use it to root a phone and this involved me formatting it several times. I have tried to format both fat32 and exfat filesystems and both are not working. I notice my 1gb is in FAT filesystem, but I think there is a 2 gb limitation on that. Any ideas of how I could get the r4i gold card working with the 32gb card? It is a class 10 also so I would much rather use that. (samsung evo card).

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the 2gb limit you are referring to is the filesize limit on FAT32, not a capacity limit. Your card will likely need to be formatted as fat32, because exfat support requires paying extortionate license fees to microsoft. make sure your phone hasn't changed the partition layout on the card.

3. suitepee

suitepee New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have it formatted as fat32 and the larger card is still not recognized -- does the allocation unit size need to be a specific amount?
    Post Merge: [time]1412517204[/time]
    Update -- I got it to work! Maybe it was the allocation size that was not correct; but I used the Panasonic formatter instead of the windows formatter and it is now working! Thanks for the help.

I can't post the link to the Panasonic formatter, but if you google it you should be able to find it.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yeah the allocation size should be set to default, it may not be able to read other sizes.