1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashcart upgrade for DS phat - DS and GBA games

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ladybug, Sep 25, 2011.

1. ladybug

ladybug Member

Hey!

I've been using a R4 King LL cart and it has served me well, but when I try to play some relatively recent games (ie-launched beginning of this year to now) I've needed to experiment with a plethora of patches, kernels, Wood/YSmenus, etc to get the roms to boot. I'm not so literate with this kind of stuff but I've been patient and given it a shot. The end result, however, is that the games still don't work and my R4 kernel is now a chimera. I've had enough. I just want an idiot-proof card that will play any rom I put on it straight away, 99.99% of the time. Does such a card exist, and can I use it on my DS phat?

My other question is about playing GBA games on the DS phat. As I understand it, there needs to be a flashcart in slot 2 to get GBA games, stored in the slot 1 flashcard, to work. Have I got that right? What I also want to know too is what kind of flashcart will I need to buy. Is the Ez3in1 the only one out there that will do the job?

2. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Supercard DS Two plays most roms, and you don't need to patch them to play them and it can play GBA roms with it's emulator.