1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashcard Suggestions

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by darkxd, May 13, 2010.

1. darkxd

darkxd Member

I'm about to change my flashcard, I recently bought a DS Lite that came with the N5, and since I read all over that it's a junky flashcard, I want to change it. My touchscreen is already having issues =/
    So, I'd like some suggestions...

2. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I first started wit an R4 SDHC and it worked fine
    only sometimes the cheats did not work properly
    so i went looking here what other people use for a
    flashcard and I learned that Acekard was the best
    so I ordered a Acekard 2i (that one is compatible with the DSI)
    and I installed AKIO on it and I never had any problems anymore.

every cheat works and I can keep a complete database on it
    and I can play every game without patching.

Here is their site look through it and read everything about it

http://www.acekard.com/index.php

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

For the DS Lite/DS Phat, the best (but most expensive) card is the CycloDS Evolution, because of it's good compatibility and cool feature (slow-motion, real time saving etc).
    If you want it to work on the DSi, or just want one that's cheaper, but still has some cool features, the Acekard2i is good (works on all types of DS).
    If you want a really cheap card with good compatibility, but no cool features (no save states or slow-motion etc, and you can't use SDHC cards) you could get an original R4, but only if you use the new Wood R4 firmware. Don't bother getting an "R4 Upgrade" or "R4 SDHC" or any other version, because the new firmware won't work on those, so if you want SDHC support for example, just get an Acekard2i or CycloDS Evolution.
    Are you sure it's the N5's fault? :-\ It might just be that your DS is not very healthy...

4. darkxd

darkxd Member

Well, I think it's the N5's fault because I read that it has some problems with short circuits (I don't think that's the word for it in english, but it is in portuguese :D ) and it caused some problems to the hardware itself. I'll see into that matter next month, you know how money can be such a fleeing material sometimes....

5. Fredbox

It's "short circuit" in english too. But I'm pretty sure that a short circuit in the card can't affect the touch screen. It might be able to corrupt the DS's firmware or something like that, but the touch screen is almost certainly a physical problem, sorry. Of course, depending on what's wrong with it, it might just need to be re-calibrated. Have you tried that?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the short circuit blows a fuse inside the DS, rendering it inoperable.

7. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

8. Fredbox

You do realise this whole thread is about which card to get instead of the N5, right? darkxd isn't planning on using the N5, which I think is pretty sensible.

9. darkxd

darkxd Member

Yes, I've already pre-ordered an Acekard, and I'm taking the DS to see into that touchscreen matter to the game's store near my house, and I prefer not to tinker around with electronic stuff, it has a tendency to blow up...