1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flashcard stopped working

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Foxfairy, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Foxfairy

Foxfairy New Member

Hi,
    I've been using an R4 card that came with the software installed with no problems for a couple of months, until one day it just stopped working. I've tried updating the kernel and deleting a couple of the newer games in case they were damaged, but the problem persists; it's just stuck on an all-black loading screen. Eventually I tried different kernels from the site given on the card itself, but none of them worked, so I formatted the sd card and tried again anyway.
    The text on the card reads "R4 3DS Upgrade SDHC Revolution for 3DS DSI XL/LL DSL DS RTS Lite Real Time Save w w w.spam site w w w.r4isdhc.in"
    I couldn't think of any other solutions, so I got an old card from a friend that he didn't have the sd card for anymore, so the old search for the kernel started again. The site given on the box, nds9.com, doesn't exist anymore.
    My friend's card reads "R4i SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS)"; when I tried using it it got stuck again but instead of "Loading ..." the message was "Couldn't find _ds_menu.sys". That file wasn't included in any of the kernels so I downloaded it separately, but the only change was that it got stuck on a blank black screen without any message instead.
    Any ideas on how to fix either one of these cards or which kernel belongs to them?
    I tried so many different ones that I can't even remember which ones anymore.
    Thanks in advance!
    Post Merge: [time]1407499537[/time]
    Update:
    I installed a kernel from linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ (the one from r4sdhc.com) and the first, newer card seemed to work at first; I get past the first screen and to the menus.
    But if I chose a game (any game, I've tried several) it just goes back to the black "Loading ..." screen and gets stuck there.
    Interestingly, it does create a sav file for the game even though it never really starts.
    Any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    These are the current contents of the sd card (I removed the _ds_menu.sys since it was my friend's card that demanded iz and it didn't work with this kernel at all; still a black unresponsive screen).

2. kenebon

kenebon Member

sometime, i will meet this problem as well, the problem mainly lies in contact problem, just clean the metal thing of the R4i, reinsert it to your dsi for several times, it will work. The other one, check whether you have download right kernel firmware and unzip it, open the folder and copy the root files into your micro sd card. Hope your problem will be fixed soon.Now websites selling cards (to r43dscards co uk) are already set up, you can directly buy back playing the game, you can download any games.

3. Foxfairy

Foxfairy New Member

The contact is definitely not the problem, I tried that as the very first thing.
    And just saying "download the right kernel" is not exactly helpful seeing as how I specifically said that I don't know what the right kernel is.

4. kenebon

kenebon Member

Yeah...You can try.

5. wxlix

wxlix Member

Some times it's the kernel and micro sd card problem
    I have got some FAQs about your problem from here.
    3ds-flashcard.com/blog/r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-problems-bugs-faq/