1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Carts-in general

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Irili, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Irili

Irili Active Member

I know there used to be a list of flash carts and their pros and cons but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All I can say are the best 2.

Acekard (2i works on al ds models, 2.1 works only on models before the dsi brand) and super card ds2.

The acekard is always updated and never doubted, while the super card...allows emulation of gba games without additional gear like the popular ezy 3 in one expansion pak.

No idea about compatibility but most games from now would work, newer ones I'm not sure.

Anything else is to be avoided, sure some are ok like the dstt....but one thing is for sure...they aren't updated all that much or at all.

And STAY CLEAR OF ANYTHING R4 OR N5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Irili

Irili Active Member

Thanks! ;D

4. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Acekard2i is extremely cheap and therefore worth your money since it works as intended.

I've been having a lot of problems with mine, so if you get an acekard, I can tell you what to avoid doing, and how to fix a lot of problems you may encounter. The biggest thing is to just not use the soft reset, it corrupts data. It'll corrupt the firmware and it'll corrupt the .nds files themselves forcing you to format the card.

5. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I used to Soft Reset.
    But nothing like that happened with me.

6. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

With me, the firmware wouldn't boot up. So I had to replace the firmware. Then the nds files wouldn't boot up. Replaced those, and now my save files are disappearing. I should have just wiped the whole thing clean all at once and put fresh roms and sacrifice all my save files.

But soft reset is definately the cause of it.. I'm talking about the AB RL Down soft reset, not the traditional ingame soft reset.

7. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

You might have a fake Acekard.

8. what is 'soft reset' i too have an acekard 2i and have noticed some of my save files dissappearing..... but i would recommend it still...especially the 2i cause then you can play all the new games too