1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash cart compatibility & store question.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Concurrent, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Concurrent

Concurrent Member

First and foremost I apologise because I understand this question must be a tiresome one, but what I'm looking for some confirmation.

I just bought a 2nd hand 3DS and the system has been updated to the latest version (7.2.0- 17E). The Supercard DS Two seems to be the choice that everybody's recommending. I just wanted to make sure it's compatible with the system software I have because I've gotten a couple of conflicting reports about it.

I was also wondering if anybody could recommend any online stores around the UK (I live in Ireland) where one could reliably purchase one from, for I'd like to get one for myself and possibly my brother for his birthday if I can confirm it's working. I'd also ideally like to pay by Paypal, but as I understand it it's against their ToS?
    Depending on postage pricing, I'm willing to drop to another Flash cart so long as it runs DS games fine and runs on the 7.2 OS.

I was going to post here but didn't want my first post to be an age-old bump.

Thanks in advance.

2. wxlix

wxlix Member

The Supercard DSTWO is still the best flashcart. If you like to play GBA games, you'd better buy DSTWO.
    If not. You can choose the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS. They are all works on 3DS 7.2.0-17 .
    I'm living in UK, I have bought a R4i Card from 3ds-flashcard.com . recommended !

3. Concurrent

Concurrent Member

Thanks a bundle for the reply. Mostly I'm concerned with the Nintendo update that will stop these all from working and will stop Online from working without updating, but I don't suppose whichever Flash cart I buy would change that.

I'm short on money at the moment after buying the 3DS but I'm glad to hear I can get the cards on this OS, and plan to before too long. Cheers.

4. deviousgsr12

deviousgsr12 Member

supercard is great and powerful, also the best gba card, so a little expensive(at least for me). So i bought the card r4i gold 3ds, i play NDS games, so that's enough for r4i gold 3ds. It is also uppdating quickly, so if you just want the normal functions and play nds games, then you can also buy r4i gold, the best r4i card, ordered my cards from r4depot which is one of the most reliable site based on my experience, hope to help you.

5. aimimi

aimimi New Member

Do you play GBA games?
    If so, the best choice is SuperCard DSTWo.

If only play NDS games, just order the R4i gold 3DS, it is much cheaper,
    it is one of the most flashcarts for 3DS, can work perfect on V7.2 3DS.

For the Store, please check 4CoolDay.com, i ordered my R4i card from they several month ago,
    price is cheap and ship from Singapore, arrive very fast.

6. Concurrent

Concurrent Member

I chose to follow this advice which I'm starting to get a little paranoid over now, considering this account I now realise had this post and only one other to its name, advertising the mentioned site.

My package allegedly shipped (with paid postage) on 26th June. I'm wondering if anybody has any experience dealing with this site in particular that they'd like to share with me?

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Some unreliable cart resellers tend to send the package via 'normal' airmail posts instead of those high end postal service with 'customer tracking service'. It could take days to weeks to months before it arrives depending on where the seller and buyer is, if not already lost in between. While your payment would probably be charged and withdrawn before then, money back not guaranteed. Just keep crossing your fingers until it comes, normally it does, right?

Usually we'd suggest checking from StopTemp Website to see which is reliable and what services it provides, before proceed to buying from any.

8. 3dsmm

3dsmm Member

if your firmware is between v4.1 and v4.5, you can buy gateway 3ds card to play 3ds games! But yours is above v7.0, that's a problem!
    Dstwo is your choice, best! The second question, I will recommend this shop to you, it didn't accept paypal buy ship from UK, I think you can receive your flashcard very quickly! dsgamerworld.com

9. Concurrent

Concurrent Member

Hey there,

For clarification I chose to spend the extra €3 on the postage instead of relying on the free postage, which I've seen various reports about on the internet taking months. There was no tracking option available, despite the header being there in my order history section of the site. Anyway, the R4 cart arrived this morning and I'm currently testing it and it seems to be in perfect working order.

I was paranoid and thought I'd been scammed because I thought they had deleted my account after X amount of time after charging me without ever sending it out, but this was completely unfounded because the problems I had logging in were entirely due to my own stupid mistake (I changed my login and forgot that I'd done so). There's a lot of misinformation being spread about the trustworthiness of websites and I don't want to contribute to that.
    So as much as anybody can trust somebody else they've never spoken to on the internet, my experience with 3ds-flashcard.com (sic: with the '-', with the 'd') was entirely positive.

Thanks for everybody's help in this thread.

10. Prectorian

That's fortunate of you. However there are those unlucky ones that did got scammed.

I'm wondering which R4 you bought. So many carts going by that name, however not all has kernel able to load on v.7.XX 3DS or higher.
    And you'll need either the NDS Phat, NDSL, NDSi below v.1.4.4, or 3DS below v.4.3.0, to do the installation of the cart's kernel sucessfully.
    Else it'll be blocked from proper installation, and results to unable to play NDS rom. Your 3DS can't be use to do the installation since it's v.7.XX

11. Concurrent

Concurrent Member

I actually ended up going for the 'R4 Gold Pro 2014', because it's significantly cheaper than the 'Supercard DS Two' and I figured I didn't really need to play GBA games all that badly. (Annoyingly it's dropped in price since I bought it.) Also, it was advertised that it supported the 7.2 OS.
    I'd been holding off on downloading the system update that went live a little under a week ago(?), but was surprised when I went to download the kernel for this card that they already had a compatibility pack for the 8.0 OS too. Didn't realise it went so quickly. So I downloaded that, installed the newest system update for the 3DS, and am now playing the games just fine.

12. Prectorian

Well, that's good to know.