1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Cart Advise

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by MagmaX, Jun 1, 2014.

1. MagmaX

MagmaX Member

Between my wife, myself and our kid we have a DSi, DS Lite & 2DS.

Im looking at getting 1 flashcart for all the systems. I ended up buying a bad cart a few years ago (R4iTT) and it works..kinda..sometimes on old games but 75% of the time you play it once and the save file corrupts and your stuck doing it all over again.

Really like the built in cheat features to help the kid sometimes.

Basically I need a cart to work all the systems and be reliable for save files and be worth the $$.

After doing some research I think I should be looking at the R4I Gold or the Supercard DSTWO. So many different versions of the R4i Gold carts im kinda worried about getting this one because of how many knock offs are out there. Money isnt really an issue but I do need a site that ships to Canada.

Which card would be best bang for the $

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Get the DStwo for the DS and the 3DS there is a different card, i cant remember it's name, but it has been mentioned a few times here.

3. MagmaX

MagmaX Member

I didnt think the 3DS had a cart to run 3DS games yet? I heard of one but also heard it bricked a lot of 3DS systems out there?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You heard wrong, 3DS consoles don't get bricked for using flash carts, it's the other way round. There are several carts that run 3DS rom on 3DS. Such as Gateway 3DS, R4i 3DS Deluxe, MT-Card, etc. But all of them requires the 3DS console's firmware not higher than 4.5. Any firmware above 4.5 would not run those carts.

5. MagmaX

MagmaX Member

First post says DSTwo is the best, second says r4i Gold is best because it works on DSi, DS Lite and 2DS. I thought the DSTwo supported DS, DSi, DS Lite, DSi XL and 3DS?

2 conflicting posts back to back :p

Besides the price difference what is the real difference? they both seem to do what I want.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@ MagmaX,

First off, it's 1st and 4th respond. 2nd respond didn't said that.

Both SuperCard DSTWO and R4i Gold 3DS (the one made by r4ids . cn and r4idsn . com) are considered as the better of many carts in the market for running/playing NDS rom (not 3DS rom!) as they both to date still receives updates from their producers, and able to be use on even 3DS v.7.2 (so older version console is needless to mention compatible).

The difference would be that the SuperCard DSTWO is the only NDS flash cart (despite there being 1 or 2 others though of lower quality as they no longer receive updates from their makers) as it can be use to play GBA games on, because it has it's on board 'CPU'. However because of having it's own 'CPU' it is not only more expensive (in fact is the most expensive NDS flash cart on the market), but also consumes the console's battery more than any other flash carts. The DSTWO is able to overcome anti piracy protection on it's own without any secondary firmware help. The R4i on the other hand can't be use to play GBA games, it has WOOD R4idsn as it's secondary firmware to help overcome anti piracy protections. The R4i is cheaper than the DSTWO, but you'll need to be careful when selecting this cart, as there are clones. Make sure to buy from the one bearing those site names. However again, both are the better option out of so many in the market, though again, there are none the best each has it's own set backs. Buying any of them would fulfill you needs.

7. deviousgsr12

deviousgsr12 Member

r4i gold and dstwo are both great, if you have enough money, then get the dstwo; if nor, then r4i gold.