1. This forum is in read-only mode.

First Time Flashcard user... need Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by toffster92, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

My little brother just got his new DS lite. I was hoping to get one of those flashcards so that i don't have to buy those expensive games for him. I want to know which ones you suggest. R4? Ezflash? Oh and if you could tell me where i could buy those I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know where to get one but the best two flashcarts right now seem to be the CycloDS Evolution, and the Acekard 2i. They both have good compatability and useful features.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Buy an AceKard, CycloDS (expensive), EDGE, or supercard. AceKard being the cheapest, and my favorite. RealHotStuff has some.

4. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

I had an R4 first and thought it was good, but then I noticed a lot of the games didn't work on it. So when I got a DSi, I bought an R4i and thought it would be better. I was wrong.

I came on this forum, asked the same question and it ended up the AceKard 2.i was the better card. So I bought one from dealextreme.com and I've never had any problems since. It works on both the DSi and the DS Lite so no worries there.

I recommend the AceKard 2.i all the way now. ^_^

5. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

If you're looking for quality and aren't worried about price, wait for Supercard 2.
    If you want something that works but isn't quite as good (and may in the future not work at all) but is cheap, get an R4 card. I got mine at iShopvideogame for 7 dollars. It's saved me hundreds.
    The only thing about the R4 card is that it will need a lot of work to get some games to work. So you may end up investing as much time as you would money into your brother if he isn't good at this kind of stuff.

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

R4s have now become outdated and are mostly clones.

7. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

iSVG provided me with a real one, though.

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Still, even DealExtreme sold fake flashcarts by accident.

9. toffster92

I see... It looks like a toss-up between AceKard and CycloDS. If anyone has any better suggestions that'd be very welcome. Thanks!

10. Mateus M.

Mateus M. Active Member

well I never used the CycloDS,but I use acekard 2i and I think it is an awesome flashcard

11. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

ah that would explain why most of my games on my R4 dont work
    i should tell my dad that.....

12. toffster92

Which one is better for the DS lite by the way? AceKard 2 or the 2i?

13. kenny6457

AceKard most likely

14. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

The 2i. I'd recommend the 2.1. It's the same thing as the 2i except it's cheaper and you can't use it on a DSi

15. Mateus M.

Mateus M. Active Member

well I think it would be better the acekard 2i,because you can use it in the DS lite and
    in the DSi,so if someday you buy a DSi you won't need to buy another flashcard.

16. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

I tell all new buyers this:
    Buy an AceKard 2i, its cheap and really good w/ one of the best firmware (AKAIO) and works on ds and dsi.
    If your willing to wait then wait for the SuperCard DS Two.
    or if you want an Cyclo but those are usually $70+ and only work on the ds

17. toffster92

So when does the SuperCard two come out and how much do you think it'll cost?

18. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

no one knows when but people are saying its gonna cost around $40 maybe

19. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

Get an acekard2i.
    24$+ free shipping from realhotstuff.
    you can get the microsd from amazon 4gb for like 10$
    34$ total for a reliable card and endless games!

20. kenny6457

its not endles!!!! more like 125 games maybe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.