1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Firmware

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jldcat, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jldcat

jldcat Well-Known Member

I have a DSTT or TTDS whichever way it goes. How do I find out the version? What is the newest working firmware for it?

Every time I try to get into a game it freezes, I've already re-formatted twice which usually works but it didn't this time so I thought maybe I may need to update the firmware.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It should say the version on the main screen of the TTDS, on the top screen in the lower right corner (ie v1.17)

The common issues thread has the other answers you are looking for.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. jldcat

jldcat Well-Known Member

The version says 1.16. I checked on the site for other versions but noticed someone saying something about fake cards being ruined somehow by version updates. How do I find out if mine is real or fake? My boss's son got it for me and I paid $90 for it. I think I got screwed but don't know.

I formatted it FAT32 and that got my games going again, does that make sense? I seem to have to reformat it almost weekly.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't know of any way to tell if it's a fake other than trying to update. Good thing is there are "fixes" for fake cards that were broken during an update. You can find both the upgrade and the fake-fixes at www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds under the TTDS/DSTT portions.

And yes, unfortunately, if you paid 90 (US Dollars, right?) you more than likely go ripped off. Unless you got either the DS or an 16GB SD Card with it. That would offset the price. The TTDS is one of the cheaper Flashcards out there, usually around 5 to 10 US Dollars I believe. But SD Cards (the memory card) can be costly, 40-50 US Dollars for a 16GB card these days, even more a few months ago.

5. jldcat

jldcat Well-Known Member

I got the TTDS flashcard, a 2GB sandisk SD card and a keychain like thingy that you use to add and delete stuff from the SD card that attaches to the computer. The guy that sold it to me also gave me 3 CD's of roms for DS, NES, SNES and the stuff needed to run them. Haven't gotten past figuring out how to use the DS roms let alone the others...LOL

The $90 was canadian dollars.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Canadian dollars are pretty close to the $90 USD.

The guy was pretty smart to include the roms and the keychain, and the card, as a way to cushion the high price. A 1 GB card is roughly $5. I don't know how much a 2 GB one would cost.

The little keychain thing usually comes with a microSD card.

I really do think you got ripped off. A CycloDS is roughly $40-$60 depending on where you get it from.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I believe 1.17 is the hardware breaker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.