1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Firmware switch! Is it possible? (sorry)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lewpet, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know I have kind of been flooding the forum with my posts, but I really want to get warioware DIY working!!! I have YSMenu but when I try to load up warioware (or any game for that matter!) it says "unsupported DLDI name". I have figured out that this is because I have an R4i (YSMenu doesn't work on R4i) and that I probably need to have a different R4 for it to work...
    Will downloading other R4's firmware eg. The original R4 firmware, work on my R4i Gold?

Thankyou for reading, if you have even the tiniest little helpfull hint, PLEASE REPLY! ;D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

as a rule, no. there are exceptions where carts can run a firmware other than their own, but they're few and far between.

3. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

YSMenu might work just try my guide

tinyurl.com/ttdstillalive.

if it doesnt look in that thread for a link someone posted saying how to setup on r4 clones.

4. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

LikeLOoks it says in the post YSMenu doesn't work on and R4i (which I have) is there a patch for warioware DIY that take off anti-piracy?

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

If you want to get WWDIY to work, don't go and buy another R4 just for the firmware, if you want to buy another flashcard, go for the SuperCard DSTWO or the Acekard2i.

6. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

Can someone just post a link or something for pre-patched WWDIY? That will work on my R4