1. This forum is in read-only mode.

:) firmware SUPER HAPPY TIME questions multi platform :)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..ahem, just trying something new in my topics...\

Any way, yes firmware questions, by multi platform, I'm asking about console firmware modding...

In perticular, the wii and psp...here is what I'm asking...

1.All the soft mod hacking for the wii, are they firmware hacks or just programs that co-exsist with the offical stuff?

2.Again with wii, Can the soft modding be removed incase it has to be sold for any reason?

3.Same with psp, mine is a 2000 running 5.m33v6, but after the go I have considered selling it once the hacks come out...but in order to sell mine the system MUST BE CLEAN!
    Is it possible to return to regular usage or must I find a friend/ebay it?

4. For the psp...is the sega saturn emu still being worked on or has it died?

5. Psp again...I'm aware that the psp can emulate a dreamcast...hard to believe since they are close in power...but can it do a ps2 IN THEORY!

(yes I know 4 and 5 aren't firmware related but thought I'd ask)

Thanks in advance

PS-ONLY ANSWER THE FIRST 4 IF YOU'VE HAD EXPERIENCE I WANT ACCURATE INFO AND DETAILED WITH INSTRUCTIONS IF POSSIBLE I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE RISK!

...(croaks) that hurt my throat, sorry to yell y'all (coughs)

2. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

1st: I have had experience, but I am NOT 100% sure on this
    Assuming your using the TP hack then all it's doing is cause a stack buffer overflow so it can install hombrew programs (generally the homebrew channel) which are close enough to official programs... obviously aside from the fact Nintendo did not make nor authorise them.
    If your using bannerbomb then I don't know, I assume it does the same thing though after downgrading a few things

5th: THEORETICALLY the PSP should be able to run most PS2 games

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...hrm, interesting...

What are the stat's of the 2 exactly, side by side...all I know is my psp runs at 333mhz XD (psp related)

...what about the smash bros brawl expolit-does that count as tp-I'm on wii 4.00

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

PS2 emotion engine runs at 400Mhz.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..hrm, it's not looking good for ps2 emulation, it's not like pc emulation where you can be a little short...

I could say "differnt processors mean different outcomes" , but I don't think it's gonna happen...

Ok, so can a psp's CFW be de-hacked?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

To original? Sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.