1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Firmware for Old N-Card clone (DS Linker)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by avaloch, Mar 6, 2011.

1. avaloch

avaloch Member

I've been reading about a lot of different new firmware for old cards and was wondering if there are any newer firmware for N-Card clones. The last update that the N-Card had was in 2008, so anything newer would be much appreciated.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

There is none. I have one myself. The last update that you can do is change the firmware from Firelink system XMENU 2.52 to DSLinker XMENU 2.55. NCard/Firelink/DSLinker/UNC, can't run secondary firmware such as wood or ysmenu. With the XMENU 2.55, you also can't run any cheat code. The best choice is to drop that cart and buy a newer version.

3. avaloch

avaloch Member

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the reply. Now I might have to drop my faithful card that lasted me so many years :(

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That cart is a very good cart, I can still play DQ IX and several other new game on it as long as there is a patch for the game such as using open patcher or rudolph patch or a cracked version. But these days I use it mostly for playing with retro games over the DS emulator homebrew, such as for GameGear, SMS, Genesis, NES, etc.

For new games, I'm playing it on my R4DS original. But I suggest you to buy the SuperCard DSTwo.