1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Firmware fakes, Need help.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheChickenChaser, Mar 20, 2010.

1. I reacently brought a R4i HDHC V1.4
    On the front of the box it says the website http://www.r4i-best.com
    now looking online this doesnt apear to be the website for the better R4i websites, meaning i believe this is a fake.
    Ive downloaded the firmware from the website and the UI is disgusting and has many bugs like saying not able to find .savfiles or in this UI's caled "savfile not founded!"

Now there is no way to return this copy to the retailer for different reasons.
    Does anybody know for a way to move to a diifferent version of firmware without it claiming the card is a fake?

Sorry if this has been covered 10 times over, i did a few simple forum searches for key words and diddnt find anything.

Thanks alot.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably not. There are tens of different R4 clones and they virtually all need different firmwares. You can try YSMenu but it probably wont work.

3. I gave YSMenu a try, generated the files and inserted into the root like a guide said, but it diddnt apear to do much.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Depends on what type of clone/fake it is. Some can accept other cards firmwares. Some cannot.

You really won't hurt anything by trying out some of the other cards firmwares, if you wish
    www.linfoxdomain.com/ds
    Just backup everything before you try so you can restore to point you know everything worked. And don't try to apply any of the 1.4 fixes for the different cards, that could cause problems.

If you cannot return a card to a retailer for a shop credit or replacement, then you can at least never recommend that seller to anyone, hurting them for their poor customer service and sales ethics.

5. I have allready crippled him of a few sales of local gamers...
    If this does not go too well do you recommend any easy to use cards that are updated fairly reacently and frequently?

The problem with the card is not that It doesnt play games, it plays and saves most games fine , the smaller ones like pac pix and rhythm heaven but ive had problems with the longer games , like freezing while saving, looking at games like Pokemon Platinum and Pheonix wright AA.

The only reason i originaly picked up the R4 is to use it for demoing games or downloading DS games that are harder to find brand now (Because if im not going to buy it brand new, none of the developers will receive any of the money anyway) but it apears im having problems even with that.

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Isnt $13 for an Acekard2i worth it to relieve you of your woes.

7. Thanks ill take a look into it.
    Will i need anything other than a micro SD and usb reader for the Acekard2i

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

No,but it may be an idea to buy 2 x Acekards in case you lose one....