1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Firecard/Firelink Card...again..

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sarawilliams3, Jun 14, 2010.

1. sarawilliams3

sarawilliams3 Member

Hey Everyone!

I need some help again getting a Firecard/Firelink card upgrade to work. I checked a few sites on the net and found version 1.23. Since I’ve read terrible things about v1.45 (mainly its bricking problem) I’m thinking v1.23 would be the best way to go. Unfortunately this particular ‘flashcard’ already has v1.45 incorporated into its system. I would love to know if it’s possible to get rid of it without deleting the game data saved on card. Also, I can’t find the instructions as to how to install v1.23 upgrade. I even tried the drag and drop method and that didn’t work at all. If anyone knows how to install the 1.23 version I'd love to know. The simplest terminology would be great since I have to pass this info on to a friend. Luckily, I have a perfectly working R4 (3years ;D). Thanks so much! :p

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Have you tried this site? - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

3. sarawilliams3

sarawilliams3 Member

lol! i think thats the one place i havent looked. :-[

thanks so much for your help and speedy reply as well. ;D

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It has almost every flashcart's firmware there.

5. sarawilliams3

sarawilliams3 Member

yeah. its great! and the instructions that are there coincide with the names of the individual files within the .rar files which is a huge help (that was my main problem) but there are also a few other files that are there and arent mentioned in the instructions such as autorun1.nds and UsbDll.dll and the text documents that dont translate. what do i do about these files?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't know as I don't have a Firecard. Perhaps just put them where they are with the other folders?

Like if it was in the main part, then put it on the root of your SD Card.