1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fire Emblem

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by King Cookie, Aug 10, 2010.

1. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Anyone here a fan? I've played all the ones that have come to North America on GBA, DS, and Wii. It's one of my all time favorite series.

2. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

Love it ^^ I've only played Sacred Stones and the one before though(the one with Eliwood). It's a really awesome game but what I liked most about it(yes even more than the gameplay) is the character development. The support conversation are great though can be troublesome to get all of 'em.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Not a fan per say but the series is one of my favorites along with Arc the Lad (PSX) and Shining Force (Genesis)

4. Arron_zero

Owh and I'm also a fan of cookies ~v~

5. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Fire Emblem but I am getting real bored of the movement and fighting style ;D

6. King Cookie

It does it a bit stale after awhile.

7. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I got into FE after playing Smash bros melee, i wondered where the hell Marth and Roy came from.
    My first was 7, best because of the awesome story, characters and difficulty.
    I got every game after it (and later played 6 translated), the wii games were good but not incredible.

It got stale because the ds games. If they had made a new one which had the same features the gba games plus real improvements (not a shitty jump to 3d), it would of stayed awesome. Why did they decided on making (poorly updated) remakes only?

It's just a wasted opportunity on the ds. I didn't care for marth's origins beyond the actual series.

8. King Cookie

Out of all the N.A. Fire Emblem games, the DS one would be the worst. FE 7 & Path of Radiance were my favorites. If they release one for the 3DS, they need to step it up a notch.

9. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Yup, if the movement and fighting is the same for the 3DS, I am going to flamed them at the developer's site ;D

10. Arron_zero

Honestly...if the story's great with lots of fun and interesting and touching characters, I won't mind too much if the battle system is similar to FE 7 and 8 xD

11. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the battle system (movement or fighting). It's the core to what makes FE work. In FE DS they messed up the classes, any character could become almost any class, which was silly.

When i say add "real improvements" i mean something like a few extra classes to help balance things or more multiple routes.

Agreed, PoR was had a great story and characters too. I do prefer that one over 8 (sacred stones). 8 was great though, i like it because it was more ambitious with what they changed (the 'two' class choices, two main routes etc.).

12. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

i've only played shadow dragon and loved it

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Then you haven't experienced the best yet. If you played the gba games you'd realise that SD was clearly a step backwards for the series, i couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

14. King Cookie

FE 8 was good, it was a bit too easy because you could level up your fighters as much as you wanted. I had fun abusing the RNG.

FE Radiant Dawn I enjoyed a lot gameplay-wise. The story wasn't wonderful, but I still thought the game as a whole was great.

15. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

How many Fire Emblems are there for the ds?

16. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

High freaking five.

Tried to find a blazing swords, couldn't find one. Specializing in the cheapest way of killing bosses EVAR!

17. King Cookie

One so far. Another one's coming though. Don't judge the series off the DS games.

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

Out of all of them, I find that I have to give Fire Emblem IV(one of the SNES ones FYI) my vote for the best one out of all of them. PoR gets #2 and I'd like to play Radiant Dawn at some point so I can find out what happens after PoR.

19. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I'll have to agree with you on that one. Seisen no Keifu is my favourite game of the series too, mainly for the fact you can pair up characters in the first half and that'd affect the skills of the characters in the second. I'd love to see a remake of it bundled with Thracia 776.

I also enjoyed Sword of Seals and Sword of Flames (FE6 and 7) on the GBA. Sacred Stones was ok in my opinion.

Never played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. As soon as I get my hands on a copy of the former, the latter will be played straight after.

Shadow Dragon, in terms of promoting units, I never bothered reclassing them. I'd just promote them whenever I wanted to promote them. But to be absolutely honest, I liked the game. I'm looking forward to the sequel, but for now I guess a translation of the SNES game will do.

Wouldn't mind seeing Fire Emblem Gaiden being given an overhaul too.

20. King Cookie

I never actually played the Snes ones, which should probably be on my to-do list. Young gamer :p