1. This forum is in read-only mode.

fire emblem radiant dawn

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by caymanmew, Nov 15, 2013.

1. caymanmew

caymanmew Member

ok, so I downloaded this game (from here) so I could play it on my dolphin emulator(first game I try on it) and i am having a hard time getting it into the right format. I am trying to get the file into a .iso file (it is currently a .rar) but cant seem to do it. i have winrar and i am trying to extract the file but every time I try I get a error message which says:

Checksum error in hz-ferdv 101.iso. file is corrupt

This is followed by another error message saying: Unexpected end of archive

So basically I need help getting this file into the right format so it can run on the dolphin emulator.

I'll admit I am new to Wii emulators and have only dealt with the VBA emulator, which I think is much easier as files come ready to play when downloaded. So ya, any help you guys could give me would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Looks like the ISO file is corrupted, maybe it didnt download properly.
    You will have to re download the ISO again.
    Use IDM (Internet Download Manager) to download, its very helpfull and it allows pausing and resuming and its really fast compared to your browser download managers.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

make sure you're using the latest version of winrar, the algorithm it uses has changed recently. If that doesn't help then the file is corrupt and needs to be redownloaded. Use a download manager as suggested by dark infernape.

4. caymanmew

caymanmew Member

ok, thanks guys your suggestions worked perfectly. It's nice to a helpful active forum to go to in times of trouble.