1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fire Emblem ds~ "What Characters are you using?"

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by saken_, Dec 10, 2008.

1. saken_

saken_ Active Member

so yeah, For Us who are playing the European version of Fire Emblem DS, what characters are you using?
    If you know of any faqs that make a comparison among which are the best characters to use then post it here~

Currently< I am using:
    Marth (duh)
    Julian (thief)
    Barst (fighter)
    Cain (cavalier)
    Gordin (archerr) ----Probably might end up switching for someone else
    Shiida (Peg. Knight)
    Ogma (Mercenary)
    Nabarl (myrmidon)
    Merric (mage)====> might choose to have him co op with Linde or replace him completely
    ANd Maria (cleric) aka Minerva's sister

2. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

wait if your guys die they are gone forever right?

my favorite characters are cain and ogma. Ogma is really strong. ive lost two of my mounts and i guess i can't use them anymore D:

3. saken_

saken_ Active Member

Yeah, you can never use them ever again, but that is where the reclass system kicks in~
    Once you lose all of one type you still have the choice of reclassing other characters to become mounts though they tend to be weaker than the originals...
    Ogma and Cain seem to get decent stat growths so far, so I will be keeping them with me for a while but then again there are still a ton of players left for me to find (surely) so I'll just burn through the game and find which are the best (IMO) then replay the game again and level up only those characters.... then if it is still possible level up the rest...
    BTW I came across an interesting website for this game where they have all kinds of information on characters, story lines, etc. but there are little to no comparisons between the characters (though you are given many tables from which you may be able to make comparisons from but Im too lazy so Il just play the game and figure it out)
    http://serenesforest.net/fe11/index.html

4. Jarryd58

Jarryd58 Member

My characters:
    Marth (lord)
    Abel (caviler)
    Draug (Kngiht)
    Shiida (Peg Knight)
    Lena (mage)
    Merric (mage)
    Barst (Fighter)
    Ogma (Mercenary)
    Wrys (Curate)
    Linde (Mage)
    Dolph (knight)
    Frey (Caviler)
    Cain (Cavelier)
    Maria (Cleric)
    Julian (Thief)
    Castor (Hunter)

5. androm3d4

androm3d4 New Member

Marth (Lord) -------- Can't replace him, can we? :D
    Jagen (Paladin -> Dracoknight)
    Shiida (Peg. Knight -> Dracoknight)
    Minerva (Dracoknight)
    Palla (Peg. Knight -> Dracoknight)
    Ogma (Mercenary -> Hero)
    Wolf (Horseman -> General)
    Jeorge (Sniper)
    Lena (Cleric -> Bishop)
    Merric (Mage -> Bishop)
    Boah (Bishop)
    Linde (Mage) ---- got to be replaced, i guess..
    Julian (Thief) ---- only if inside castles, or place with many locked doors.. breaking locked door purpose only :D
    Jake (Ballistician) ---- if player slot is still available, or if there are so many flying enemies
    Xane (Chameleon) ---- for imitate other player, depends on the situation

if 1 of our comrades die in battle, actually you could revive him/her again.. but only after you have Aum Staff (Chapter 24).. and.. it could only revive one comrade.. :'(

by the way, thanks for the link.. still missed those secret shops :p

6. saken_

saken_ Active Member

by the way, thanks for the link.. still missed those secret shops

Your welcome, though credit should probably go to the person who took the time to make said website~

BTW, Finished the game last night and am currently replaying for the perfecting of the characters I want~
    Only changes I will make to my team are to get rid of Maria for Lena (she gets that Hamerenne: weapon recover staff) and has higher luck than maria
    Keeping both Merric and Linde
    Gordin has a replacement Norne~ (norne has higher speed than Gordin; As she levels up Ill try to find more differences to offer a better comparison)
    And I have my sights on two other characters but until I actually see what kind of stats they have for my self I wont be able to choose (athena [swordfighter], and what I think might be a dark mage, Etzel)

7. saken_

saken_ Active Member

AS some of you know, the link I provided before has tons of info for the fire emblem ds game. However i didn't like the fact that everything wasn't organized according to my standards (though I still thank that person from the bottom of my heart for putting up all the informaton so that i may organize it for myself afterwards~)
    So I went ahead and reorganized the info into groups.
    This was created from the base stats page found here http://serenesforest.net/fe11/char_base.html

Everything (that can be organized) is organized in classes so that people may be able to compare bases stats and decide what characters to look for and use mainly~
    (unless you want to burn through the game like i did and then try your luck again)

8. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Right now im using -

Marth - Lord - (!!?)
    Jagen - Paladin - (!!??!!)
    Frey - Cavalier - (!!??!)
    Cain - Cavalier - (!!)
    Cord - Knight - (!!??!)
    Draug - Knight - (!!)
    Bord - Pirate - (!!??!!)
    Dorros - Pirate - (!!??!)
    Ogma - Mercenary - (!)
    Barst - Mercenary - (!!??)
    Lena - Myrmidon - (!!??!)
    Shiida - Peg. Knight - (!!??!)
    Gordin - Archer - (!!??)
    Julian - Thief - (!!??!!)

Note -

(!) - Hate
    (!!) - I dont Like
    (!!?) - There OK
    (!!??) - I Like
    (!!??!) - I Seriously Like
    (!!??!!) - There The Best !!

These are my Partners In Crime. Right now im on Chapter 4 Training in the Arena so my team will most likely change later on, and some classes will change too

:D

I Say get rid of these 2. I hate em. im gona get rid of my Ogma if he doesnt Reclass himself into a swordmaster or somthing around those lines.

9. Jarryd58

Jarryd58 Member

Just thought u might want to know if you are going to use 3 draco knights they may as well be the sisters. If u send the first to sisters next a a unit and wait. Then you send the 3rd over to attack and she will ALWAYS recieve a critical hit. (There are sisters like this in most of the games)

10. androm3d4

androm3d4 New Member

is it true? :eek: i haven't try using the sisters in the game.. after i read that the 3 peg. knight sisters (Palla, Catria, and Est) could perform a triangle attack, i think i'll try use em.
    the prob is, we could recruit the 3 sisters at the middle of the game, at that time i already have 3 dracoknight (Jagen, Shiida and Minerva)

ah, i don't know if is this the right place or not, sorry if OOT. i want to ask, what's the meaning when someone's stat goes blinking green-white? I.e. Shiida SPD 23 (blinking green - white)

11. Barathrum

theres an arena?

12. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

yeah theres an arena. you go in, pay, and fight some random unit till one of you dies (or you spam the B button before you attack again) if you win you get double what you wager. if you quit/die you lose whatever it cost you. great way to level up some guys early on i'ld say

13. saken_

saken_ Active Member

I'll have to agree with 1Blacks1, since Even I decided to change up Ogma for Ceasar because 1) Ceasar is a lower level and not too different from ogma, 2) Has a higher base luck than Ogma so it makes it easier to cap out luck~
    AS for Abel (Green haired guy? right?) you could get something else but he's "ok" in my book, just depends what ur looking for...
    Abel is up to par with Kain (sort of ) but seems to be more shaped towards possible skill and speed caps (other words better accuracy and more dodging [but probably going to have less Hp than Kain]) whereas Kain seems to shape more towards possible luck and strength caps (Critical and attacking power~)
    Is it just me or am I noticing an inverse relationship between speed/skill and strength/HP?

14. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

i really hate how when your characters die, you cant get them back ever.. i cant remember who i have, but im on like chapter 7 now with each chapter killing atleast 15 of my recruits, and then i get 20 new ones the next chapter :p lol

15. saken_

saken_ Active Member

Yeah, There's like something on that too~
    So lets say you have less than a specific number of characters, then you're given extra characters (faceless) to fill in the spaces needed....of course they are way weak in comparison to any characters that you recruit.

(Ps. In my last post I was saying how luck was for criticals and skill was for better accuracy....well, skill actually goes for critical as well, and luck affects all stats overall.... so yeah.

16. Barathrum

LOL i jsut lost my Ogma and saved cause i didn't want to fight again

17. DragonQuester

lol haha i do that too, the battles get harder and harder in each chapter... i guess the AI isnt all that dumb later on :p

18. saken_

saken_ Active Member

Is anyone up for posting their FC for Fire Emblem so that we can wifi and stuff?
    My Fc for Fire Emblem DS is
    0474 1524 8578

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

My Marth pwns everyone out there. Level 30, the highest :( I'm using Barst, that Barbarian warrior you get later, Jagen, Hardin, and Frey. All I'm using, because I'm awesome.

20. DragonQuester

lol, is Barth good? damn, what chapter are you on man?