1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy X Blitzball (PS2) help?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by diskjocki, Oct 5, 2009.

1. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Okay, I've been looking for a decent walk-though/FAQ for Blitzball in FFX for AGES. I've already looked in all the usual places like IGN, Gamefaqs, Neoseeker etc. But I can't find what I need. All of the ones I've looked at just explain what all the techniques do, the basics etc. But what I'm looking for is a guide that actually tells you what are the best players to recruit, when to recruit & replace them. I found one a long time ago, but I can't remember where I found it :-\

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

One; Brother. Best player there is.

3. marcy

marcy Guest

Al Bhed are usually quite good. Brother is the fastest, I think.

4. meowchanm

meowchanm New Member

Arrghh... I have the exact same problem.... Had to try for ages to win the Crystal Cup.... >.< Like you, I did find a site, except that was awhile ago...
    Post Merge: [time]1254738748[/time]
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-26249-ffx-blitzball.html

has good info on blitzball..

5. diskjocki

I've heard good things about Brother & the rest of the Al Bheds but I can't get any of them at the moment anyway. I recently started a new save & I only just finished the first tournament in Luca. I think I know which goalie to get once I can, Nimrook.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

make sure you successfully completed the jecht shot flashback on the boat from killika to luca.

7. diskjocki

I have gotten the Jecht shot.

8. Try out this site, www.gamewinners.com I go there if I ever need help. And that's only when I'm desperate. I'm not keen on getting help or using cheats. And I only use cheats after I've completed a game. Anyway, goto Cheats (doesn't necessarily mean it's all cheats), PlayStation 2, F, Final Fantasy X, then scroll down and click on Strategies. You should find a list there that details where to find each recruitable player. You just have to hope the other teams haven't snagged them up first. Then you'll have to wait until they are free agents.

9. anandjones

I see, eventually you can recruit him on the airship. Make sure you do.

10. diskjocki

Thanks for that link :D
    I will.

Okay so far my team is:
    LF: Tidus
    RF: Wedge
    MF: Letty
    LD: Ropp
    RD: Jassu
    GK: Jamal

So I've found the locations of everybody, now I just need to know which ones to recruit. I'm looking for somebody to replace Letty & Jassu, but I haven't found anybody better yet. I've just beaten the chocobo eater thing so I'm at Mi'ihen Highroad, Travel Agency.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

Get Zev Ronso for MF. He's slow but he's useful for his ability to pass long distances.

12. diskjocki

13. cursedgold

cursedgold Member

Are you kidding me, guys ? Get the entire original team of the Luca Goers, and you will own. Graav is a freakin' tank, seriously.

14. diskjocki

I hate the Luca Goers.

15. anandjones

I don't believe any of them are very superior anyway. Biggs is good once you get to a good level. Same as Tidus about.

16. diskjocki

What position is Biggs best at?

17. anandjones

Midfield.

18. diskjocki

Ah. Damn, just remembered that one of the other teams recruited him for like 26 games >.<
    Oh wells, I can't be effed walking back to Luca Anyway.

Aha! I found the guide that I've been looking for so long, I must of overlooked it while I was on Neoseeker. Anyway, here's the link if anyone wants it http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=54426&rid=50519