1. This forum is in read-only mode.

final fantasy viii rom glitch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by megaxgerman, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

the words in the game are missing. they are replaced with a black box where the words are supposed to be. any one have any suggestions? im using epsxe emulator. and using the pete's plugins

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

use the 'nice' defaults for the video plugin and enable the relevant special game fixes.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Also use ePSXe 1.5.2

I had weird text glitches in Final Fantasy 8 when I tried it with ePSXe 1.7.0, and when I switched to 1.5.2 with the exact same plugin settings, the text issues disappeared.

4. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

I tried the ePSXe 1.5.2. The same problem continues
    I also tryin using the 'nice' defaults and using the special game fixes on both emulators but the problem still occurs.

5. Loonylion

which video plugin are you using, and what graphics card do you have?

6. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

was using Pete's OpenGl2 Driver 2.9 before and i had no problems playing a game with it. i had no problems with it but for some reason now when i try to load a game with it, an error occurs and the emulator crashes. I also tried using the Pete's OpenGl2 Driver 1.77 as well but the boxes still remain.

i have a RADEON IPG 345 graphics card

7. Loonylion

ATi radeons are not compatible with the opengl drivers, use the directx one.

8. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

what directx one?

9. Loonylion

petes dx7 preferably, otherwise pete's dx6

10. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

ok. i downloaded the dx6 and dx7 version 1.77. i tried them both on the epsxe 1.7 and 1.5.2. both still have the same error.

11. Loonylion

using the 'nice' defaults and special game fixes?

12. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

did that. nothing

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you running the game with "Run ISO", burning it to a CD and playing in your actual CD Drive, or are you mounting the image on a virtual drive with a program like Daemon Tools?

14. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

"Run ISO"

15. megaxgerman

megaxgerman Member

ok. i got it fixed. i just needed to restart the whole game instead of continuing from my last save point. thx alot to all those who helped me. i really appreciate it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.