1. This forum is in read-only mode.

final fantasy VII

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by joshrocks309, Apr 18, 2010.

1. joshrocks309

joshrocks309 Well-Known Member

ok so there are 4 files for this game...is there a a way to combine them into one game or how does your progress switch over somehow? im so confused...btw its for playstation

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The files are all parts of the disc image. ISO, BIN, CUE, CCD, SUB, etc.

Just open the BIN or CUE file with your emulator or disc burning software.

Edit:
    Also, there are only two files, a BIN and a CUE file.

3. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Think he means is there anyway to make the 4 CD games, into a 1 DVD game so he doesn't have to switch out.
    I Assume this would only work on a PC Emulator not a real PS1 or PS2. (if even then)

4. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

no there is not away. now there are 4 disc becaues the game was so big it could not fit on one disk. so they made it tto where you switch the disk out. the most likely thing to happen if they where all combine is that the game would play the first disk but then when it came to play the next one it would not load it up. besides there is no proplem with have 4 diffrent img files.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy VII has three discs though, not four.

6. joshrocks309

problems with combining psx parts into one filei

i want to make one bin file from a 9 part game...i downloaded all of the parts and someone told me all i had to do was click the first part and it would combine it into one file...but whenever i try to get it to work it gives me 3 files...how can i get it into one file...btw im using winrar

7. joshrocks309

well i just downloaded another game and its a 8 part game...how can i put them into one bin file so that it can play on an emulator that im running on my pc...i usually get a img and ccd file and a sub file in each part...wo what do i do

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: problems with combining psx parts into one filei

it has worked. The three files are the image. the .cue or .ccd file is instructions to your burning program, the .bin or .img file is the actual data, and the .sub file is extra data not in the bin file (usually audio but not always).

9. joshrocks309

is there a burning program i should use to get them into one bin file?

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, it works fine as it is.

11. joshrocks309

o so lets say i wanted to use it on a ipod touch psx emulator....i just add all the files into it and it plays? im sorry if i sound stupid but im trying to figure all this out

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just run the .bin/.img file, it's really the only file you need to use. Keep the rest just in case.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

See the documentation (like a readme.txt) for instructions and formats it supports. If it didn't come with one, then search for a guide on Google.

14. joshrocks309

thanks guys i figured it all out