1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy VII

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by F118Cobra, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

I just downloaded the first disc of Final Fantasy VII. I have tried playing it using both ePSXe and psxfin. On both emulators the opening credits roll through and none of my controls do anything (except the fast forward button), so it just does the opening credits all over... It is the only game that does this. If anyone has an explanation and a solution that would be great.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What version of ePSXe have you used? Plugins, etc?

3. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

I'm using 1.7.0 and the video plugin is 'Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76'. Sound is 'Pete's Dsound Audio Driver 1.15'. The bios is SCPH1001.bin

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try download the plugin pack here ----> https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0

and read the ePSXe tutorial as well.. :)
    ---->https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

5. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

I actually already have that plugin pack. i read the tutorial but unfortunately when i set up the emulator (again) it didnt change the problem

6. meganova

What version of ePSXe did you use?

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Hmm... v1.5.2, on what I heard/read, works best with square enix games...

Tried messing/tweaking the configurations of the emulator yet?

8. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

I am using 1.7.0, i just tried v1.5.2, nothing changed

9. meganova

Okay..okay...
    Here's what I use..
    - Video/Graphic Plugins : Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 / P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.18
    - Sound : ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 / P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9

I've played FFVII on ePSXe 1.70 using the above plugins.No problem at all. :)

10. TirithRR

Do your controls work on any other games?

Maybe you have a bad controller configuration. Check it out.

11. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

My controls work for all the other games i have played. i have been using my ps3 controller to do it. i also tried just the keyboard when trying to play this gm, but still got no response

12. meganova

Just as TirithRR says,
    Try to re-adjust your controller button... :)
    There should be something wrong there..

13. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

do u mean just the emulator controller setup (game pad: port 1)? cuz i reset them to default and am not getting a response from the game

14. meganova

Yep,
    try to tinker with it.. :)

15. F118Cobra

F118Cobra Member

thanks for all the help!!! it was in my controller setup. i had my controller set to dualshock which has analogs so i switched it to digital (without analogs) and i now have a start menu!!!

16. gamekid1

gamekid1 New Member

I am having some problems with FFVII as well so i'm wondering if you guys could me out. The game starts up fine, i get through the little cinematic but when you arrive in the first encounter against the 2 soldiers the bar at the bottom of the screen which shows health, time, and all your options is completely black. I can't see what i'm pressing. Would you have any ideas as to what is causing this?
    By the way, i'm using version 1.7.0 ePsxe

17. TirithRR

It's a graphics plugin problem. Try Pete's OpenGL or D3D driver, and enable game fixes for FF7's cursor and battle swirl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.