1. This forum is in read-only mode.

final fantasy vii pc problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sonicfanboy, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

ok so i just downloaded the iso's of the 4 ffvii pc discs. so i open them up with poweriso. won't work open them in daemon tools works but windows cant use the image. so any help.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its very difficult to get this game or FFVIII working on a modern PC.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

They are 16 bit games, and even Windows XP 32-bit has problems running them. I think it has something to do with Microsoft's .Net Framework. I was able to install some 16 bit games that wouldn't install normally by starting my PC in safe mode, and then running the installation. (Like Sceptera Core)

What operating system are you using?

4. sonicfanboy

windows 7 32 bit i have downloaded the keyboard patch and another patch that i need to use. also it comes under an iso burner document. hope you can help :-\

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

When I tried to run the FFVIII install program on my Windows XP PC, it would not even try to run. Clicking the install option just closed the program. After that I gave up and just played it on my Playstation and a PSX emulator. So unfortunately I don't have anything helpful for you (Other than use the PSX version and an emulator).

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...I'll tell you how i installed VIII...maybe that will help you..

in the files i got, i had 5 disks...1 install, 4 game disks...i has to mount the install disk, and mount the one inside it, then install, then i had to edit the registry to read from the install location for the gameplay disks, and had to mount them there...it's quite difficult...

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its very very unlikely to work on win 7

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmm...if i get bored, I'll try it for myself...

EDIT: i even tried running it in compatibility mode...it crashes after it installs codecs if your using the ultima edition of the game...

i'm running Windows 7 64bit and it had an epic fail...

9. sonicfanboy

im not using ultima. it says the file format is not supported on poweriso. on daemon tools it mounts but windows cant aces the disc and that i should format it, and its only a .iso file!?
    Post Merge: [time]1283530985[/time]
    well i don't know how so could you tell me

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

It works fine on 32bit windows 7 I can confirm this today, also it works fine with no patches.
    It sounds like your iso's are broken because mine play perfectly mounted in poweriso, ive had no issues whatsoever.
    If you can wait 24 hours I'll upload them for you here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=44470.msg1045066#new

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Much easer to get the PS version in iso format and use Psx v1.13 emulator

I have had this game on windows and it is hard to get it runing perfect, Patches can help but still not perfect, also midi sound cover you'r ears lol!

12. sonicfanboy

well thanks guys well im sad to say that i finally managed to get psx rom working today BUT i can now use the pc version to play it simply (the controlls are extrymly awkward on epsxe with only a laptop keyboard) so thanks for all the help.

13. Jhon 591

USB joypads are grate and work with the emulator very easy,

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=usb+joypad&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=22546701030962e3

They are just like a PS joypad with rummble for less then £5 in some places

14. msg2009

Did that PM help?

15. sonicfanboy

yes thanks so much. congrats by the way for actually finding a direct download for ffvii.

16. Jhon 591

I can no beleave it , walking into a charity shop and pick it up PS version for £1 in mint condition!, Originl! not platinum vestion

17. sonicfanboy

oh you jammy sod any ways i got the game working WOOT!

18. Jhon 591

Way ya go!,

Lol i can not beleave , I sed no when i ment not , and Originl when i ment original

Yep , Just £1 , gamestation are asking £20 + as a classic!

Alot more for the PC version if in very good condition and with original box!

Final fantasy for the super nintendo they where asking £60 !!!

19. msg2009

If you want to cheat google jenova editor.
    It allows you to change stuff in your saves like add master materia, level up etc.
    For FF8 google griever editor.