1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy vi/pokemon sapphire problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Classic-wolf, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

My VisualBoyAdvance that I've been using for quite some time, has up and decided to pitter out right in the middle of final fantasy vi. I know that this doesn't work like a regular GBA, it's a program, but it's like it decided to break. I didn't use ANY cheats, I saved properly, I made sure I shut down the computer properly; I didn't change ANY settings, and I shut it down yesterday, properly.
    I woke up, did my work, had a decent day; start up the computer, listened to some music, stopped the music and started up VBA 1.8.0 (beta 3)
    Load...
    Final Fantasy VI Advance (Xenophobia)
    Error reading image C:\...(for my and your benefit, basically the file path)
    ...VBA\roms\Final Fantasy VI Advance (U)(Xenophobia).gba
    is anybody here familiar with "'FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-' comic"?
    I just wanted to play Final Fantasy VI Advance (U)(Xenophobia).gba, that's all I wanted.
    Am I hacked? Is that what's going on?!
    Could anybody please give me an idea of what to do?
    I would appreciate this very much.

How Pokemon sapphire plays into this is I was able to play it about 9-months ago, but I now cannot play it. A simlar message appears, only difference is it's about pokemon sapphire.
    What is going on?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Did you tried to run the game through the Recent function?(File -> Recent)
    If yes, try running the game using the 'File -> Open'.

3. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

This happened to me when i was like 8, yes do try what meganova said.

4. totallydood

totallydood Guest

I wouldn't rely on a PC based emulator to run games like Final Fantasy or Pokemon. Ive had the emulator crash when I was saving the game in Emerald after playing for 3 hours.

5. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

I almost never use "recent", and it's not something simple, otherwise; I would've fixed it myself.
    It turns out yesterday, all I was looking for was an esper list to make sure I didn't miss any. Checked out GameFAQs.com under the advanced version, no esper list.
    Did I check FF3 SNES on GameFAQs? Hell no.
    So I go google-ing, and I run into a GameFAQs leech-site, unwittingly. It was the GameFAQs SNES version of FF6(J)/3(U), esper list, and I copy-pasta'd it, saved it.
    3 Avast! full computer scans earlier today...
    Turns out son-of-a-gun virus just ate a few new assholes in my computer.
    It is ridiculously sluggish, and Many many files of varying importance were completely destroyed, and/or damaged beyond repair.
    Final Fantasy vi happened to be one of those files.
    Pokemon Sapphire was broken before I downloaded it from here; the original Sapphire file got deleted on accident.
    Either way, this whole little black IBM Thinkpad laptop... is completely F#$%ed, and it turns out I gotta' get it "scrubbed".
    A shitload of files from... prettymuch all parts have this message when scanned: "Unable to be scanned: the system cannot read from the device."
    Ain't that some BullSpit?
    ---
    Also, I don't have much choice in the emulate-Final Fantasy issue 'till I get workin' here soon.
    ---
    but don't feel bad for me, I have 2 other computers that work fine. For now...
    One of those two, is pretty-much impenetrable to viruses.
    The only thing: the save is from 2 days before I run into Setzer(Drakla in my game), and head to get the "Falcon". I was back to right after you follow a familiar looking fellow named Gerad(Yes, he's Edgar), on a boat.