1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA and FFT:War of the Lions for PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cookieninja100, Dec 8, 2011.

1. cookieninja100

cookieninja100 Active Member

Im looking for Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions PSP ISO. Much appreciated if anyone has to share :)

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

For the PSP: (U) or (E)?

GBA:

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/AE2X8EIA/antasy_Tactics_Advance_MULTI5_EUR_GBA-SURPLUS.7z

3. cookieninja100

(U) preferably but so long as it can be in english, I will take either. ATM i got 5.00 m33-6 with the promtheus installed on it so i think that should let it run and thank you once again :)

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2815371735/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_The_War_of_the_Lions_(USA)_ffinsider.part1.rar
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/2815371745/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_The_War_of_the_Lions_(USA)_ffinsider.part2.rar

5. Jonez001

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=44470.msg880271#msg880271

6. Duncan Idaho

Jonez the topic does not has FFT:WOL, of PSP it has dissidia 1 and CC

7. Jonez001

Oh, i thought it had

8. cookieninja100

Thank you two for the links and rom/ISO. Been having a strong urge to play these two game again.

9. Jonez001

You are welcome

~Greetz from Belgium

10. Duncan Idaho

NP, i had the links at hand since i am downloading them too, also keep in mind that you better use jdwonloader

11. cookieninja100

Ok sorry to bother again but that list with all the Final Fantasy roms on it seems to have FF6 advance next to Tactics(did double check so guess they uploaded wrong). So if that can be uploaded again would really appreciate it :)

EDIT: Ok I found the GBA one on another site that I was messeged about.

Pardon but whats jdwonloader? Sorry its been awhile since I've actually loaded an ISO on my PSP(not since KH:BBS) so I dont know the most recent CFW for my PSP.

12. Duncan Idaho

Jdownloader is an advanced download magnager, compatible with windows, linux and mac OSX, it allows you to download with no worries of getting a bad file or xxx of xxx Mb's, used mostly for downloading large amount of files, for PSPi recomend you google your firmware site, i run genesis 6.39 pro B 10

13. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

I have no idea where you're going with the PSP firmware issue, but it's easier just to make use of ISOTool 1.970 to patch it for your firmware.

14. Duncan Idaho

you really dont need to patch all you need is your latest firmware to be up to date, so fa all the isos i have are UT no patched and run fine, i recomended him genesis pro B 10 since it works wonders and it's a good firmware, also jdownlaoder is ofr the links i left of FFT:WOL

15. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

And this way of thinking is why you screwed your Wii over...
    If I recall correctly, you somehow upgraded the firmware to 4.3, downgraded to 4.1, screwed up the lens somehow in the process of all that, and sent it in to some shady dealer that screwed it up further.

Latest firmware is generally a bad idea, especially when it comes to hacking. If whoever is making the firmware actually kept the same features (and security holes) as older ones (ahem! SONY and the OtherOS issue), then most people would gladly upgrade to the latest firmware without fear of losing functionality.

Newer isn't always better. Just because it's new doesn't automatically mean it's better. Look at the transition from XP to Vista. Look at IOS 5, (no untethered jailbreaks as of yet), even the later PSP firmware hacks weren't permanent until recently.

Also, in general, when upgrading to more current firmware, you are basically hitting a point of no return. It is difficult to revert back to an older firmware, and when you do have a method to revert back, you run the risk of bricking the device. Add in the fact that developers create new AP roadblocks with every update, voluntarily (and blindly) upgrading to a newer firmware is foolish.

To address the issue of not patching, you can run 5.50 Prometheus v4, which is able to run games with later firmware requirements than itself without the need to patch.

You sir should not be giving any PSP advice (or Wii for that matter), especially delicate things such as firmware where the person can end up with a hunk of metal and plastic.

The only reason someone would use such a high firmware such as 6.39 PRO B10 is if their device is already on 6.39 and can't revert to anything lower.

And yeah, even if 6.39 is versatile, you don't just recommend such a high firmware just because it's a good firmware. You only run these when you have no other options available.

I just did some light reading and discovered that RemoteJoyLite doesn't work with PRO B10. That right there is enough for me to stay away from it.

16. Jonez001

This is more now a technical help thread... let's move this.

17. Duncan Idaho

Insane i said i pro B 10 since it's what i run and what i've read so far points me it's a good firmware, also i never said OFW i always meant the latest version of the CFW.

As for my wii what screwed the lens is that the lens died pure and simple, i can easly downgrade the wii to 4.1 via pimp my wii all i need to do is ask it to install the 4.1 system menu and i only did that like three times, it never bricked my wii.

Finally it was not a shady dealer it was one near my uncle work place (which is two floors of were his office is ) but the person in question wasnt all that wii savvy for what i was asking (replace the physical chip and the lens) after two weeks of saying that the lens were comming (which they never did ) and he removed the physical chip, a soldered one i think, then he took it to the first place were i had to swap chips for the first time (around the time web of shadows was launched) but the tech guy was different to the one who fixed last time the chip, so this guy of 40 years thinks a 20 year old person who has been in the scene for 4 years (i hacked my wii by myself mere months after the launch of bannerbomb) does not knows the difference between a soldered, non soldered and virtual chip (neogamma, uloader,etc.) i asked for a physical chip and he refused ont he grounds that chips wont work on wii menu 4.3U, googling gives a ton of pages at least 5 confirm that physical chips are not blocked by 4.3.

Also the first dealer was stupid enough to blow all the data on the wii risking a brick chance (the moron formated it and dint cared to do a memory backup hence i lost all my 100+ saves), now you get it insane? also allow me to add this thanks to people who are lazy to google up and to read shit the most reliable launcher Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 has been rendered useless for me.

Finally i magnage my wii via pimp my wii an app that seeks of the official sites the latest CIOS and updates them accordingly

and remotejoy allows me to see what is on my PSP on my PC... no thanks, i have a shitty laptop for pc that is slow, overheats easly has 150 GB sub standard GHz and cant do jack shit w/o slowing down.

18. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I knew you meant CFW. And still, how would you normally get to CFW? From OFW. The part that makes me leery in any upgrade is having to spend that small amount of time in OFW to get to CFW, because there's that off chance that it will just throw an error instead of going CFW. I've had this happen to me, and luckily I had a Pandora battery on hand. You really have to trust that the install file that you have is signed and legit. It's the same way when I had to flash my PS3 for 3.55 CFW. You really have to depend on the source you got it from, and if something goes awry, you're totally screwed.

Also, the fact that you can't tell that I was talking in terms of CFW the entire time, except for the second-to-last mention of 6.39 tells me that you are not experienced enough with the PSP scene to know what's going on and again, you should not be giving out any advice on the matter. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just trying to prevent others from unknowingly bricking the device, and this can be prevented entirely if there is no reason to update to such a high firmware if they're already on a lower CFW, or even a lower OFW. With lower CFW, they're presented options. 6.39 CFW PRO B10 only gives them that one option. They don't have the slew of options if they start there. With 5.50 OFW, they have the option to go to GEN D-3, or Prome-4, or 6.20 and up if they so choose.

--

Again, you're missing my point about updating in general. Why would you have an app that seeks and finds all of the up to date stuff if you don't have a legitimate reason for updating.

I mentioned this in the other thread(s). There is NO REASON you need to update anything. At all. Ever. If you're the savvy pirate, then you'd know that the sources you get your stuff from should have the workaround .wad files provided for you to install. In essence, this is the update, but it doesn't go anywhere near firmware, which basically means you get the updated effect while still being on a lower firmware. So why you have an app that is able to grab unnecessary files, that you probably won't even need, and has the potential to update firmware, is what I'm baffled about.

You don't just go and grab SP3 for XP if you have no need for it. Why install a newer .NET Framework if you don't need it? Why? Just because you might need it?

I'm not even gonna ask why you have a mod chip in your Wii, or why you even bothered with chips in the repair process, or how can someone mistakenly update to 4.3 if they're so proficient at hacking post-bannerbomb (apparently you didn't use the extremely easy bannerbomb exploit despite it being out by the time you decided to hack your Wii), and why the hell were you using GeckOS? Who uses that archaic piece of shit?

I've gone way off topic, but this is relevant only because it's an expensive lesson learned that should never happen. And yet it does.

The lesson learned here is don't update unless you have to.
    I'm not continuing this discussion any further because it is irrelevant to the topic.