1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy IX - Battles Jumping Oddly.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by emilah_xx, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilah_xx

emilah_xx New Member

Hey, I've just downloaded Disc 1 of FFIX for my ePSXe emulator and I've managed to get everything working properly but the battles.
    When it goes into the battle, it slows down drastically and sort of jumps, if it helps, the sound sorta sounds like a broken record, making each sound twice but still continuing on with the battle, just really slowly. Everything else in the game runs at the right speed, just the battles are running weirdly and the only thing that works well in the battle animations/screen is animations for magic, which run normal, then the whole thing slows back down again after the cinematic for it is finished.
    I was wondering if there is a setting to help with this, framerate, plugin or something?
    Any suggestions would be really helpful.
    The plugins I currently use are:
    Video - Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Sound - ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0

Any input is welcomed, thanks. It's beginning to really annoy me! Ha-ha!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try using 1.5.2, it works better with FFIX than 1.7.0 does.

3. emilah_xx

emilah_xx New Member

Thanks, I'll do that. Hopefully it doesn't skitz out still! :)
    Post Merge: [time]1257605795[/time]
    I tried 1.5.2 and it wasn't any better, tried tweaking with the video settings as well. Framerate goes down to between 20 - 30fps during the battle sequences still. What a pain.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your system might not be powerful enough to handle the emulator. Or your graphics card does not support OpenGL (Non-Nvidia cards tend to have issues).

Try Pete's D3D DX6 1.77 plugin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.