1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy IV (U), anyone else playing it?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Lukav, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

So I managed to find a torrent this morning with a legitamate copy of FFIV (U), and I must say, it does NOT dissapoint!

I was expecting to hear the english voice's and turn the sound off, but in my opinion, they're a lot better than expected.

I was just wondering if anyone else has started playing it.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to the torrent, so if this is wrong, admin or mods, just remove it.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4309048/%5BNDS%5DFinal_Fantasy_IV(U)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I sure am, been wanting to get the english version ever since the Japanese version came out in January or December. Torrents are fine, just not links to other romsites.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

yes. playing it right now and flying through it. already got tellah.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I completed this years ago...

5. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

I imagine everybody has, hopefully this one will be as hard as it's promised this time (heard they're gonna buff up the battles difficulty in this DS version).

Besides, with all new 3D graphic, hot Rydia & Rosa is a nice a plus too. :D

6. insanecrazy07

well it's definitely not an "easytype."

with the added battle commands, i bet it is just like the ORIGINAL japanese version, at least as far a difficulty.
    i don't understand what took so long, the script should've been translated a long time ago.
    voice acting might have taken awhile...

7. ultra

ultra Guest

i'm waiting till gamestop or the game store have a sale.

this way, it'll give me enough time to save up enough money and to finish whatever i'm playing now.

8. insanecrazy07

expect a long time for this one to go on sale.
    lol

9. ultra

ultra Guest

not a markdown sale. sometimes the toy store [toys r us] or the game store [gamestop] would have a video game special where if you buy 2 games you get the third free. when they have that deal, i'll buy 3 ff4 games and keep one for myself. the other 2 copies will either go to friends/family for presents or sell them for money.

10. insanecrazy07

selling for a higher price than what you bought the other two for is a risky investment.

whatever floats your boat.

i wrote my review already for those that want to know the new additions to the game.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,8776.msg88056.html#msg88056

edit:
    also gamestop has some deals like that but the "free" one has to be less than or equal to $10 or something.
    FF4 wouldn't be for less than $10 already.

11. ultra

ultra Guest

i bought 3 guitar hero ds from toys'r'us during release. i gave one already to a friend as a present. i have one more and don't know if i should sell it or save it. if i sell, i'll sell for $40 [great price]. the free game is always going to be the one game that you bought with the lowest price range. so if you bought a $10 and $40 game, then the free one is going to be a $10 dollar game.

12. insanecrazy07

i just don't think they will let you walk away with a free $40 game. lol

if they do, then please do it to several stores for their own stupidity.

13. ultra

ultra Guest

i don't sell it back to the store, i sell it to people who may want it.

14. insanecrazy07

what I'm saying is they won't let you have a $40 game for free.

meaning that you don't pay $80 for a $120 value.

lol...

but go ahead and try to rip off several stores and then sell them to other places like ebay.

15. anandjones

Graphics are awesome. Rydia sucks balls, other than the fact she can summon. Param and Porom suck balls too. Tellah is great, the old man can use his magic. I beat this game years ago too.

16. Marvin927

Marvin927 Member

I am......just finished donwloading it and it shure is a great remake. I read that you can have additionals on the nex playthroughs...newgame+. Can't wait to finish my first playthrough.

I do hope that they make a 3D remake for FFV and especially FFVI..it would be a lot better...i hope.

Enjoy playing everyone!!!

17. insanecrazy07

they really need to remake V because it doesn't play perfectly on my PSP. :-\

but please, remake on the PSP, not the DS, I'm sick of shoddy DS graphics.

They should make FFV and FFVI on one UMD so its like Anthology again.

this is horrible. i have to carry my PSP AND my NDS with me wherever I go now.

18. Lukav

Lukav Well-Known Member

Have you tried playing FFV through the SNES emulator? Or only a PSX version?

From what I recall, the PSX versions weren't LOADS better than the original SNES versions, so why not play the SNES version?

19. insanecrazy07

after posting that, i just got into the snes emulator scene on my psp.

and of course, it doesn't run full speed...

20. anandjones

Haha. The graphics on DS aren't too bad, quite good even with the DS's limited hardware.