1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by coltoncaelin, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltoncaelin

coltoncaelin Member

I have downloaded the rom from both ds rom news and nds-roms and when I begin the game no logos come up for the creating and developing companies and it goes straight to a screen that shows two characters on the top screen and on the bottom screen it shows 4 people on the left side and 6 colored circles on the right with a small little start button on the top, and then one or two seconds later the game freezes and locks up and nothing happens. Any idea what the problem might be? by the way... I have an M3 real and use sakura firmware Please help me!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's an anti-piracy feature.

Download the latest cheats database from cheats.gbatemp.net and turn on the "Game Fix" or "Save Fix" cheat.

3. coltoncaelin

coltoncaelin Member

I did that but it still locks up on the first screen

4. TirithRR

Did you delete the save file after doing that? It could still be using the bad save file.

If that doesn't work, take a look in the common issues thread for Save or Freeze issues.

5. coltoncaelin

coltoncaelin Member

What do you mean by Bad save file?

6. TirithRR

If the game tried to create a save file, but failed, even if you fix the problem, the next time it goes to look it may find the old, bad, save file and will not try to make another one, and will still lock up because of the bad file. It happens sometimes, with some games/emulators. It's always easier to start fresh after fixing a Save issue or anti-piracy issues.

7. coltoncaelin

coltoncaelin Member

I still don't know what to do...

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, you have the cheat database installed? Delete your save, enable the cheats, and then create the save with whatever method the firmware uses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.