1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy Anthology VI PSX ROM error/bug

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mater.puppet, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mater.puppet

mater.puppet New Member

Hi,

I downloaded the Final Fantasy VI PSX ROM on the website, and it worked fine in ePSXe emulator as the other games I have downloaded, but I got a weird error occuring to this rom, or any. Actually I tryed to download the rom from some other source to see if it solves the problem, but nothing.

the problem appear when I got to the Opera House, if you played the game you know that you have to fight some rats to save the play below. When I fight one of the rats, any of them, and attack, the emulation stops, I can let them hit me, but I can't do any action, or the rom stops. I tryed to avoid tha fights, but I can't do that.

The thing is, I don't have any error message, the ePSXe do not stop working, what happens is that the screen freeze, and the music stop keeping the last note ( like in a beep ).

I have no idea what the problem, if it is my computer, the ePSXe configuration ( but I have never seen that before ) or the ROM.

If you want to help me out, get them rom, and also my save state, enter in a fight with the rat, if you can hit him and nothing change, let me know, ok?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1125083/sstates.rar

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try different versions of ePSXe. 1.5.2 is a good one to start with on Square Enix games.

Use Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 or Pete's DirectX plugins (I think 1.77 is the latest). Default "Nice" Settings.

3. mater.puppet

mater.puppet New Member

I tryed the 1.5.2 version with the plugins you said, the emulation goes forward a bit, I can hit the enemie one time, but in the second I got the same. I'll try to use PSXfin to pass this part and see what happens, thx (=