1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy A2 freezes. crap.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by simbot15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. simbot15

simbot15 New Member

So, for some reason unknown to me, FFA2 freezes on the "Wanted: Ugohr" mission when using the R4 revolution, and the latest kernel. I've used both the Euro and US version of the rom, so I don't think that it. Does anyone else here using the R4 have the same problem?

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Nope, i didn't experience anything like that so far.
    How far are you in the game (lvl?)

3. simbot15

simbot15 New Member

I think my main character is level 7 maybe. Anyway, the mission it freezes on is a story mission. I have to pass it to move on. It's next story mission after your first encounter with that theif chick Adelle (I think that's her name). And the mission is where you're suppose to kill this large green thorny turtle thing.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Backup your games and save games, reformat the card and put them back on, that should speed up the microSD card some and might prevent the freeze.

5. simbot15

simbot15 New Member

Backed up everything, reformatted, and copied it all back and no freeze! (so far). I never would have though of trying that... I think my microSD card was formatted wrong in the first place. If it freezes, I'll post here again.

6. Seph

It's because when a computer write to a storage medium it's rarely writes it consistently, it writes wherever there is space and if the entire block of data don't fit then it will be fragmented across several places, when a device then reads from the storage medium it has to do a lot more movement to read all the data and thus the reading speed becomes too slow resulting in freezes.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

sounds like they need to support defragmenting on SD cards.

8. Seph

That's the formatting part. :)
    Usually the amount of storage space is minimum and as a rule you need at least the size of the largest file available plus a few percent. It really wouldn't be very effective and it's most faster to just reformat it.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

no. i mean like use the defragmenter from the computer.

i would hate to take everything off of the card and put it back on again. (but i guess that will have to do for now)

...speaking of which, im defragmenting my computer right now, while posting on the forum and I was playing fable while it was going.
    i have it set to automatically defragment once every hour, but i just put a bunch of files on it so its a longer defragment time this time around.