1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy 9 GameShark problem

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by omgwut, Aug 17, 2009.

1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I found out that using the "all abilities learned" code for a certain character prevents them from using magic stones. So I used the "Enable equip" code to fix it. But using it in the beginning of the game prevents the characters from having a trance meter. And Trance mode on a character is awesome to those who ever played FF9. I was thinking of using the codes after the characters use trance but here are the questions that struck me:

For those who played FF9 and tested out the codes:
    -Will using the "all abilities learned" code prevent any later recruited characters from having a trance meter?
    -Does the "Max HP/MP", "Max stats", "Max/Inf. Magic stones", "Infinite Gil", "Item slot mod", etc. prevent the character from obtaining trance early in the game?
    -Does the code "max trance meter" fix the problem by activating it when you don't have the trance meter due to the codes and use the code once in battle and then deactivate the code later?
    -When Dagger loses her voice and loses her trance meter, and having any cheats activated when she lost her voice, will she still be normal even though the story says she lost her voice?
    -And when Dagger cut her hair, is she stayed mute and tranceless in battle, still have long hair, or has short hair and normal?

Not trance related questions:
    -When Dagger loses her eidolons but still have the "all abilities learned" code active, will she still have her eidolons along with a reduced MP cost?
    -I'm using codes from codetwink.com and does anyone of the codes freezes your game?

Facts:
    -I'm using a foreign Game Enhancer for cheating. It's not better than GS v2.2.
    -My game isn't a ROM. It's the original and is labeled "Greatest Hits".
    -My PS is modded.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just a little note for you, when Squaresoft (before the great merger) released Final Fantasy 9, they programmed the game to "detect" cheats from cheat devices, hence using a max HP/MP code on your game will result in the game "self-remedying" the cheat lowering your HP/MP in battles. This measure also affects the game in other instances like the game hanging/freezing up on certain instances because of said codes. To remedy this, you need to input an "anti-cheat" cheat code to bypass the anti-cheat measures of the game.

Go to this place:

http://gscentral.org/

to look for the anti-cheat cheat code that will work for your cheat device, a little warning though, if a code states it's for a specific cheat device version, don't bother using those because it might brick your memory card, just like what happened to me sometime ago :'(

3. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

...The site isn't really organized...

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Be a man-go without codes once in your life...

Only 1 time I needed them...

Gta san andreas-4 star level thanks to "boarder crossing via hour swom", and stuck in a train tunnel with 1 quater health...

And my guy was hungry-stregth fading...

Even so-infinute health failed to save him from 10 shotgun rounds-the tank cheat from xbox would have been better but...no choice :(

(so much for infinute)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

san andreas has a tank cheat.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I know on xbox-but on gamefaqs it doesn't lsit it-nor the attack helicopter :(

7. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Hey this is FF9, not GTA.

And BTW, I already beaten FF9 many times.

8. GideonB

GideonB Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump, but isn't GTA like supposed to be cheated on for fun. Anyways I think that it's wierd that would do that. I mean it's understandable to have anti-cheats in some games like MGS with the torture scene but I see what mds64 is saying, I mean i haven't completed many games without cheating (I think the only ones I have other than brothers in arms ds I have used a walkthrough one or they were on the phone) but if you completed it, its kinda fair. I did manage to FF9 working with cheats though on original PS1, but the problem was that I was using a cheat disc instead of a gameshark action replay or whatever. Not sure about that gameshark problem though hope you got it fixed :D

9. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Well I found out the trance problem was caused by the "All abilities learned" code. I found an alternate code to replace that.

What's weird is that one of the cheats that maxes out Magic Stones and stats somehow messed up the level up system, so I maxed out the character's level, HP, and MP. But somehow, it gave another character a level boost (and it's a pretty big one).

10. GideonB

GideonB Well-Known Member

I would loe to see a screenie of that omgwut, I'm going through FFIX without cheats at the moment (first time in a while) but I want to see this level boost thing you found.

11. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I used Max level on Garnet and for some reason Eiko is at level 42. I used the code at the beginning at disc 2, and Marcus was at 52 and later, Amarant was at around 45.