1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy 7 PC character mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CloudBoy101, Jan 23, 2008.

1. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Someone made a really awesome mod for the PC version of FF7........take a look:

[​IMG]

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Ha, cool. Where can you get this?

3. CloudBoy101

I'm getting a torrent now with a crap load of patches for it.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3562658/FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_-_NEAT_COMPILATION_OF_PATCHES_AND_MODS

It should be in there :)

4. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

what am i supposed to be seeing?

5. CloudBoy101

...Have you ever played Final Fantasy 7?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!..................................O...............................M..............................G....................................

6. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

Some of it. You didn't even answer my question jerk :p

*edit* looking at it again, the characters aren't blocky anymore. yay. is that the best quality available? I would have prefered advent children appearances

7. CloudBoy101

Nope, thats the best, but they look really good compared to the originals. They DO, however. have the Advent Children pics for the character menus, but that's nowhere compared to if they made the real characters with the Advent chars. Oh well.........

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Whatever you do, don't run the 'Final Fantasy VII XP Patch'. It does nothing useful and apparenly has been known to do bad stuff.

9. anandjones

Yeah, I know, I've had experience with that. It's too hard for me to run a backup FFVII on my pc. And I prefer the old blocky, lego, polygonal characters. They look way cooler.

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

the ps3 remake should look exactly like advent children IN GAME

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Assuming there is one. we've only seen a tech demo so far and that doesn't mean anything.

12. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Looks nice, but I see many more advantages to using a PSX-version of Final Fantasy VII (on PC, though). The PC version is pretty flawed, even with the fixes and such. Also, there's a large site for Final Fantasy mods by the name of "Qhimm". Forum-goers there are involved in many such mods too.

13. anandjones

That mod just doesn't suit PSX FFVII. You can tell it's edited. It looks bad.

14. CloudBoy101

Wait, someone made a PSX Mod just like the PC one? How did they manage that?

15. anandjones

They probably made one for PSX version. They probably just opened up their PSX game cd, copied all the files and put a mod in there, made a image with all the files and then burned it. Excuse me if it doesn't make sense.

16. CloudBoy101

No, that would be a very simple process , what I wanna know is how the managed to create a mod like the PC one.

17. anandjones

I'm not sure what you mean.

18. CloudBoy101

ok, it would be simple to place the mod into the game, like you said, but what process would one have to go through to change the characters from the PSX files into new ones. Lets just say it's a rhetorical question :D

19. anandjones

I'm not sure, maybe they would have to hack some of the files for the character sprites and put their own ones in.

20. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

to much work and not only that but it just would not work. it just wouldn't