1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy 4 or Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings 12 (ds)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by avatar123, Jun 2, 2010.

1. avatar123

Final Fantasy 4 or Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings 12 (ds)

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Re: Final Fantasy 4 or 12 (ds)

They are not even the same genre, you can't compare them. 12 is real-time strategy.

3. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I think Avatar means Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. But with such a lack of information, I cannot be sure.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings IS real-time strategy.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I will just take a guess and say your asking which should you play?

Why 4 of course!

6. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I know. We're strictly talking DS here. 12 on PS2 (the only other) wasn't even strategy.

7. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Be more specific.

Useless topic in my opinion.

8. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

The deformed character models in FF4 DS look horrible, like evil dolls... :p It ruins the images of the characters to no small extent...
    I think that FF4 is still the better game though, the weird graphics don't ruin the story or the battle system; both of which are great. They're both good games.
    I played FF12: RW to see what happened to the characters from FF12 after that game ended, it was nice to be able to play with them and see them interact again. The strategy elements to that game were sort of lacking IMO though.

9. snebbers

^ I agree

I preferred Final Fantasy 4 for GBA.

10. markswan

I haven't played the GBA one (I've heard it has lots of bugs?). I've played the SNES original though, yeah it's better with the original sprites.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy 4 for the ds > FF12

i also like the 3d better then the old sprites

12. snebbers

Yeah it has a few bugs unfortunately. :/ It's one of the Final Fantasies that is difficult to beat the last boss. Final Fantasy 4 for DS was too much on tactics, I didn't like that, I liked the thought of being able to go full pelt without buffing and kicking the crap out of everything.

I prefer Final Fantasy 3 for DS much more than either of these, seeing as though I'm no fan of RTS's.

13. markswan

Really? I wasn't a fan of FF3 on DS (I'd never played the original). The writing and characters were just too limp for me. The battle/job system was O.K though, even if I did keep my party in the first set of unlocked jobs for the whole game because switching to newer ones had too many short-term disadvantages that I couldn't be bothered dealing with. I couldn't equip the good weapons towards the end because of this :mad:

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I didn't mind FF3 DS, it was pretty fun for me, near the end i ended up going i think, two dark knights and a white mage. Never the less the shitty as hell onion knight wifi crap. What annoyed me at first was the fact that you had to find Phoenix Downs, although near the end of the game i had like 30+ of them. I also didn't like the fact that i had to pretty had to save before a dungeon, run through the whole thing, then hopefully beat the boss lol, i don't think there was save points during dungeons in 3

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

FF4 on the GBA was stupidly easy. By the time I actually hit the final boss, I was strong enough to fight Bahamut and everything on the moon easily. Needless to say, the final boss didn't even chalk up to the difficulty of some of the moon monsters.

Also, FF3 was awful on the DS. I sold it because it was pretty awful in this day. That game's job system and item system and such was great 20 years ago, not so much now.

16. Stanley Richards

That's why the job system is still accepted in Final Fantasy Tactics, eh?

But on topic, I honestly prefer the SNES version of Final Fantasy 4 rather then the DS version... I never liked that walk in all directions feel.

17. LuckyTrouble77

I hate the original FFT, and I only tolerate A2, so there ya go.

18. Stanley Richards

A2 also has a job system ::)

19. LuckyTrouble77

I realize this, the job system has just been simplified really. It is nothing like the job system in FF3 that I so thoroughly despise.

I don't hate job systems, I just hate how they've been used in most games.

20. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

i played both but i liked Revenant Wings better im not a huge RTS fan but i thought it was cool with final fantasy creatures