1. This forum is in read-only mode.

File Too Big - GBA emulator for DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by broman, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broman

broman Active Member

I've had a pokemon game and Kingdom Hearts GBA come up with File Too Big when I tried to play them. I did a search and couldn't find the answer of how to fix this. Please help. Thanks

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What are you using to play the game?

3. broman

broman Active Member

5 in 1 ez flash and r4 card (3 yrs old). I use the acekard2 for everything else but GBA.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you using a homebrew like GBA Exploader to run the GBA game?

5. broman

broman Active Member

Yes, GBA Exploader is the program I'm using.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Use the ezy 3 in one linked with the acekard.

It works better-kingdom hearts and all pokemon games work-confirmed by me :)

You don't even need that program-just the ezy 3 in one inserted in slot 2, and the acekard, with the gba roms in the acekard of course :)

7. sadboy

sadboy Guest

will eazy flash play beeter in acekard2i i have disny sports it dont work with r4ds and if file is more then16mb it says file too big

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It is worth a shot.

If I can get the kingdom hearts gba game and fire emblem working then it may be worth it.

(btw-those 2 are the biggest gba games)

9. TirithRR

Might as well post the solution here as well:

The EZFlash 3 in 1 can only support up to 16MB games in PSRAM mode.
    In order to play 32MB games, you must flash the game to the NOR memory on the card. It takes longer, but afterwards the game is permanently installed onto the 3 in 1, and can be started just like an actual GBA cartridge.

In GBA Exploader, pressing L or R will toggle between PSRAM and NOR mode. I believe the program defaults to PSRAM mode, since it is the fastest and most commonly used.

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Also, AKAIO has better compatibility for EV-Flash!

11. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

since when you can play gba games in ds flashcarts?

12. TirithRR

You can play them, as long as you have a Slot 2 device like the EZFlash 3 in 1.

Some carts have built in Slot 2 loaders, others have to use Homebrew loaders like the GBA Exploader.
    It loads the game to the slot 2 card, then runs it.

13. broman

broman Active Member

Sorry, I have the 3 in 1, not 5. Thanks for the solution, but I was wondering if you save a game that you have loaded in NOR memory and then you load another game, is the save state retained, or do you have to do something special? Also, if you have a game loaded on NOR, can you still play games on PSRAM mode? BTW: I have an Acekard2, but I didn't want to change out memory cards that often, and other than this there have been no compatibility issues with the R4.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The saves are retained as far as I know.

Why, once I boot the game to gba mode, I can just use the ezy 3 in one to play it on a gba-sweet huh?

The saves are normally kept on the ds, but when playing they are temporarly stored on the ezy 3 in 1 card, when linked back with the slot one they are updated.

15. TirithRR

I tested this once before, but I always used the same game. I put Golden Sun in NOR and PSRAM at the same time, and it would erase the save files and make me start over.

But I just tested it now using two different games. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories in NOR and then loaded Golden Sun into PSRAM. My Kingdom Hearts game save stayed, and my Golden Sun save still worked.

I think as long as it is different games it will be ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.